• SnowJapan Admin

Our World Headquarters has moved.

Since we got started proper about 9 years ago we have been based in an office in Yuzawa right next to the main Echigo Yuzawa station, but as of today I have handed back the keys and the now empty office is looking very lonely. I just thought I would mark the occasion with a post and a few photos.

YuzawaNow_1150.JPG

YuzawaNow_1151.JPG

Lots of memories but it was time to move on.

wave

So, we are now based in neighbouring Minamiuonuma just about 20 minutes drive from central Yuzawa.

Our outrageously luxurious new top secret hideout is located deep in the quiet Minamiuonuma countryside, with rice fields and not much else round. Not many donut shops within walking distance like before either.

But I don't think it will wobble as much as that old building.

Here's a few views from just around here, unfortunately not from the window!

YuzawaNow_1153.JPG

YuzawaNow_1152.JPG

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure you can still get to the donuts by car hey? wink

Interesting how the Yuzawa and Minamiuonuma views are so different, yet they are so close. I remember thinking that with lots of muikabochis photos of the area.

Originally Posted By: grungy-gonads
Quote:
Our outrageously luxurious new top secret hideout....

DrEvilsLair_300x200.jpg

Congrats on the new location.

Well he had to oversee the carving of the new lair.......it looks a good likeness to me, what do you think David?
  • SnowJapan Admin

I think we can cope without donuts!

Been thinking about it for a while actually, for a number of reasons.

Then the office being semi-trashed by the earthquake on the morning of March 12th made the decision easy to take. It was an old building and we were on the 5th floor, so not a particularly fun place to be when the ground shakes.

And.... the new place is so much nicer. thumbsup

• SnowJapan Admin

Thanks for your well-wishes.

Just glad that move is over, it seemed to take forever. It will be a bit before we get settled down but really loving new place.

To answer someones question - nothing changes other than our postal address.

friend

I'm glad everything went well for you guys David. I know for a little bit there you guys were a bit shaken up from the earthquake (lame pun intended). If the move is for the better than congrats! Enjoy the new place hopefully next year I can swing by with some donuts.

• SnowJapan Admin

Thanks. Yes, the old webcam in Yuzawa was good and unfortunately of course that won't be continuing - we're going to try and bring the best rice-field cam we can! wink

Shaken up a bit yes Mitch, a number of times over the last 7 years actually, but that wasn't the only reason to move. It just really helped making the decision with the timing I think.

Webcam aside, it's all good. Big job moving but really happy it is all done.

friend