• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got the bike last night and went for a quick spin around the neighbourhood. Feels like a pretty solid bike... I have a good feeling it's exactly what I was looking for. I'm going to go for a nice long ride along the coast this weekend and will report back then.

Also, It's amazing how small it folds up!

Originally Posted By: Saitaman
Watch out for the tsunamis on that coast! wink
Not too soon? naughty

Enjoy that ride.
A fold up bike is really interesting - would you use that function much?

Loving the bike. I went for a 30kms ride on Saturday (in the rain!) and have only found one issue so far... there is no front mud flap so water can spray into your face! Going to get one today.

It's a solid bike and for the price it seems like a great deal. I'm going to take it into the hills next weekend to really test it out.

As for the folding function... I can see it being useful for riding the train or something but probably won't use it too much. Since it doesn't seem to have affected the price it's just a bonus option.

I wondered about that myself. So far, it seems that it's as solid as anything I've ever ridden. Once I get it down some trails I'll know for sure.

As I mentioned before, it's the same frame as a Dohan bike which are some of the best bikes on the market...

I need to get my rim fixed so I can start riding again...rode this hand-me-down road bike once! lol Rim is hard to find, so may just pick up a new bike. Maybe I'll run into one of ya!

Yeah, I'm loving it. I've been riding it into work every day... a little over 10kms. Super comfy ride. For the price I would definitely recommend it... good idea to check online as they seem to be massively discounted!

I love my bike.

I am getting more and more brave on it all the time.

...and I thought I had mastered my fear of heights when I had to learn to ride chairlifts....

ummm... NO. Just no.

take-chances-83426-500-694.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Still totally loving it. No complaints about the overall structure of the bike. I haven't used the folding option yet but I still think its a very sold bike. The only thing I've noticed is a small amount of rust on a few of the screws and bolts. I also don't really like the gear system because it works opposite to the previous bike I owned. The problem is that when you gear down as you brake you need to twist the gears towards you which is difficult to do... I find it very annoying.

Overall, I still think it is excellent value and something I've been using almost every day since getting it. I usually ride +20kms every day.

Originally Posted By: Black Mountain
Still totally loving it. No complaints about the overall structure of the bike. I haven't used the folding option yet but I still think its a very sold bike. The only thing I've noticed is a small amount of rust on a few of the screws and bolts. I also don't really like the gear system because it works opposite to the previous bike I owned. The problem is that when you gear down as you brake you need to twist the gears towards you which is difficult to do... I find it very annoying.

Overall, I still think it is excellent value and something I've been using almost every day since getting it. I usually ride +20kms every day.

Thanks man,

I'm probably going to get one this week but have been on the fence a bit since talking with a friend (hard core bike guy) who insisted that I not buy any bike under 70,000yen despite my insistence that it was primarily for riding around the neighborhood with my daughter...lol.