• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know a lot, but I am learning.

That looks like a pretty solid commuter bike, excellent for getting some exercise or getting to and fro work. FOLDING?! That is cool!! Is that to fit into a smaller car? Like maybe the boot?

21 gears is gonna help you get up those hills - Shimano is well respected (I had them on my mountain bike and never failed). Comfy touring handle bars - and that looks like a built in bike lock under the seat!! If my eyes don't deceive me I also spy shockies on the front - that should give you a fairly impact free ride lessening the ouch factor.

What made you buy this one?

What will her main function be?

Couple of tips:

add a water bottle carrier, and flashing lights at the back (I see it has a headlight at the front), and you might want to keep some ID on the bike/yourself somewhere just in case of an accident (been too many John Does among the biking community of late.

Yeah, it's a folding bike. Have a look at the picture to see it all folded up.

dg-805-2.jpg

The reason I picked this one is that it is very similar to the Dohan X-flo. A bike that was recommended to me by a friend (except that it costs 2500$!!!!) This one was much cheaper and on sale for 50% off... in fact, I think it's the same frame as the Dohan...

I'm going to be using it mostly for work... I had been using my old mama chari (3 speed) but it bought the biscuit recently. It's a good 10km to work so I wanted to get something a little nicer. Anyway, I ordered it online so it should be arriving on Thursday! Good times!

Good tips Mama! I'm looking at some of the accessories now...

You probably wont need it for a 10km trip - especially with what looks like pretty comfortable grip handles, but I have found that my new bike handles are tough on my hands for rides over 10km - I can back up 20km rides, but my hands don't like it very much.

I just bought some gel padded fingerless cycling gloves to make that all a bit more comfy. Haven't used them yet - been pissing with rain most days since I got them (and then there has been the puppy distraction in our house).

Originally Posted By: MitchPee
My Baby smile

p4pb2790887.jpg
Why am I not surprised that you have a serious piece of off road, smash, crash and go bike Mitch?! lol

My girl is much prettier than your brute (but I do feel every single bump!)
mimosa-mp.jpg

Wasn't smash crash and go enough smile had to get a new fork yesterday!

Yours looks like it goes uphill a litttttle more efficiently haha. 19.1 kilograms is my bike weight

Originally Posted By: MitchPee
Wasn't smash crash and go enough smile had to get a new fork yesterday!

Yours looks like it goes uphill a litttttle more efficiently haha. 19.1 kilograms is my bike weight
Yeah - a bit! lol
Fame data Carbonio Monoscocca
Frame weight 1170 g
Fork Carbon
Fork weight 490 g

Trust you to wreck your forks! You are a crazy man Mitch!
Originally Posted By: Jynxx
Road bikes are scary.
Don´t like drop handles and foward lean position.

You get used to it Jynxx, but it is taking me a while.
My seat is still a little too low for me to be considered a 'real' rider - and I don't often hold the handles on the drop. I also have standard pedals - will make the switch to clip in's gradually when I am fully comfortable on the bike. I have seen too many cyclists with clip in's take a nasty stack because they couldn't get their feet out quick enough.

PB rides with clip in's - he is awfully clever wink
Originally Posted By: muikabochi
Mine looks something like this

bikes-xc-casper-pro29_wt.jpg

I have no idea the reputation of the make or anything like that, I like the bike though!

Muika, it's pretty nice. Louis Garneau is like Gary Fisher, they mostly make XC bikes for all walks of life. If I get my bike to Japan ever we will have to do some riding!