Originally Posted By: Jynxx
Low visibility really throws me off when I'm on snowboard. I become a noob. I just don't have enough experience.
Whilst skiing I learnt to feel through my feet and generally I'd be skiing with my big toe. Yeah, old school stuff ... But I'm on snowboard now and that's like heel to toe and with only one edge it's not easy when you can't see bumps and crud.

I find with low visibility you have to crouch super low to the ground (lower than usual) so unseen bumps don't throw you too much. See the "getting in shape" thread for why this is a problem razz.
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: Oyuki kigan
Me? I was never on JET. But i am finished with full-time teaching, if thats what you mean. I teach 2 times a week now at some Elementary schoolz

you teaching again at the resort this year? ganbare!

I usually walk around with earphones in but with the volume at a level where I can hear others (if needed). I hate when youre trying to get by someone and you say sumimasen, but THEY dont hear you - and when you push past them they look at you like its your fault slap Bowling here sure is fun.

Everyone is deaf these days.

Car stereo and ipods. They are health hazards.

skidaisuki, ipod is not the only factor...

1) It's crowded. we can blame the noobs for being up were they are supposed to be or the wankers who's been skiing for a few years and think they are advanced intermediates but really have no control of speed, self obsessed and no awareness. Boarders who sit around and getting in the way... all that combined makes people aggressive.

1') The crowd issue can have its problem in the design of the resort. There should be collision signs clearly posted where merging runs, etc

2) Alcohol

3) unpredictable moves

There's no point in jerking off about the purity of the sport or the daftness cos it gets mingled up with choice.

Originally Posted By: Jynxx
Everyone is deaf these days.
Car stereo and ipods. They are health hazards.
1') The crowd issue can have its problem in the design of the resort. There should be collision signs clearly posted where merging runs, etc
2) Alcohol
3) unpredictable moves

2) Alcohol, YES! Alcohol is a major problem on the ski resorts, as this documentary film points out.
(Warning: Shameless self-promotion)
Originally Posted By: Mantas
I love to ride with music. The problem with me is the logistics of the equipment. The ear phones falling out, accidently bumping buttons ect.

You old skool Mantas?
- simple with an iPod - Never had a problem with the single ear bud falling out when the wire is run from the music pocket on my jacket (did lose the buds when I wore two though).
- and there is no bumping buttons when you slide that little button on the top to LOCK. smile

Looking back over the video's taken in Niseko all we could hear was

"Ding dong"

"Ding dong"

"Ding dong"

as each chair came through the lift stop.

[need a tearing my hair out smiley]