Wondering if people have booked flights out of Japan for summer?

Had a quick look, seemed a bit more expensive than last.

Hmmmm, special offers on their way perhaps?

Hmmm...

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We considered it but prices were so high and getting higher every day.

Its the oil surcharge isnt it, it is 5man per person to europe now.

We are gonna go for xmas, I go tmy ticket already on airmiles. But the oil surcharge is rumoured to be going up again in the summer, so it is going to cost me about 12man per person i reckon.

Fully planned on going back...vowing that I would never spend another summer in Japan after this last one. Still hemming about it but the prices...oh, the prices! confused

The prices might be up, but not up enough to deter me from going back. I look forward to my summer break. And also with the rates as they have been the last few years, and prices seeming cheap back in England because of that.. well that compensates.

We're going, but this week, on May 30 before the prices go up. I'm taking the wife and two kids so any price difference matters x4 for me. Ideally we'd go three-four weeks later and avoid the rainy season, but it was too pricey.

We're going with Japanese family and doing a bit of sightseeing, so its ANA to Paris. We booked in February. Had it been after the quake and fuel cost rise, I guess we might have been put off.

I'm doing my summer trip on JAL miles this year, thankfully. It's costing me about 45,000 yen in surcharges, which is pretty high compared to what it probably was last year. But way better than paying for a flight in full. Very glad I could get seats this year. I tried to get a JAL miles flight last summer but even in April seats were unavailable, so I had to pay the full costs.

I went back last spring to visit my family. Conversation with mum (now aged 94) went like this.

Who are you?

I'm your son.

I didn't know I had a son.

You have two sons.

Who are you..........?

Oh dear. I hope I go before that happens to me.

Originally Posted By: soubriquet
I went back last spring to visit my family. Conversation with mum (now aged 94) went like this.

Who are you?
I'm your son.
I didn't know I had a son.
You have two sons.

Who are you..........?

Oh dear. I hope I go before that happens to me.

I'm terribly terribly sorry to hear that. My grandfather had alzheimer disease and it was very hard to see him when he didn't know who I was. I spent my entire childhood from 4-12 there.

I was spoilt by that business class special offer that I took up. But it's over 40 man if I want to do that this time. I think I'll do peasant and just have more beer and pies back home.

It can be pretty annoying trying to book online with the dates blocked off and everything. I remember spending literally a whole afternoon last time messing around with the website trying to get what I wanted. They don't make it that easy.