Originally Posted By: Mantas
MB We just got back from 4 days down there. I doubt I'll ever see anyone milk as much out of a lift ticket as this bunch of 9 year old boys. Even conning the lifty for an extra ride after last run.
lol Sound like my lot also.
Although.. must admit..I wore my HR monitor each day this trip, just to get an idea of HR and calories burned. I was shocked that I could burn more in 45 minutes kickboxing than I could in 2 hours constant lapping High Noon. I blame the chairlift rides. So backcountry would solve that problem for me - the hike up would HAVE TO burn more, but I doubt I would get as many turns in wink
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: Mamabear
So backcountry would solve that problem for me - the hike up would HAVE TO burn more, but I doubt I would get as many turns in wink

Ah but are you Gnarly enough wink

Oh I am Gnarly Ski party

For an old girl

lol

But I think the most hiking I am happy to do is the Niseko peak, or a similar toddle for some slack country. I just have too much fun with the lift accessible stuff to bother.

And unless there has been some decent & recent snow I find the stuff off the groomers at Thredbo painful and abusive to my board. In fresh it is great ... but I have only had that a couple of times.

Originally Posted By: Mamabear
Oh I am Gnarly Ski party
For an old girl
lol

But I think the most hiking I am happy to do is the Niseko peak, or a similar toddle for some slack country. I just have too much fun with the lift accessible stuff to bother.

And unless there has been some decent & recent snow I find the stuff off the groomers at Thredbo painful and abusive to my board. In fresh it is great ... but I have only had that a couple of times.

How far abouts is 'the Niseko peak', then?

It's not far at all best_skier,

After the top lift it is about a 15 to 20 minute uphill walk (on a good day it is like an ant trail in the distance lol) to the top of Mt Annapuri.

I have a photo from up there somewhere - but I can't find it on this computer, might be on the Mac that +1 took in to work when his computer died. Will try and get hold of it.

Getting close to the top. When you reach this ridge the hard part is over. Steepest part is immediately out from the lift but only lasts about 10mins.

R0013455.jpg

One of the rewards from the top. Looking down Annupuri backbowl. Top of Mt Moiwa in the middle distance.

R0013454.jpg

I like your photo's better than mine GN.

The day we went up was the first day of the season it was open, but by the time we got up there the visibility was shite - all we got in the way of photo's was the family in front of the hut, anything else would have been shots of white on white lol