If you were to choose 2 weeks to ski in Japan....

Yes that always seems to be consistently the best time to be anywhere.

February seems to be getting less reliable with warmer spells and rain. Less reliable than it used to be? Hmmm.

yes I would go late January early Feb - avoid Chinese New Year, and if possible go late January so all the Aussie School Holiday crowds are on their way home.

CNY in Niseko has consistently been one of the busiest weeks of the whole season. Sometimes busier than xmas/NY. I don't expect it will be so busy next season though. We'll see.

I think it will be October or later before we know how this looks like panning out. People who are still interested in Japan, the ones I know anyway, are just holding back and waiting.

Originally Posted By: Mamabear
I would think so too mina2.

I have not been at CNY, just what I have been told by others.

I've only been to Niseko once and it was during CNY but i didn't think it was that busy
Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
Originally Posted By: Mamabear
I would think so too mina2.

I have not been at CNY, just what I have been told by others.

I've only been to Niseko once and it was during CNY but i didn't think it was that busy

Well that's about as busy as Niseko gets! The main difference between Niseko and other J resorts is that it really doesn't drop off much mid week. It probably doesn't ever get as busy though as some of the more popular resorts down south can on weekends.