I'm going to ski in Japan 11/12 - and I can't wait.

I haven't got it sorted yet - need to get work sorted on that and it'll be Oct/Nov before then - but I'm 100% going to be getting to Japan this winter and can't wait.

I just wanted to share that.

Me, today:

mrhappy0902_468x442.jpg

PS Skier, not decided where abouts in Japan even yet.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first year in Japan was last year and it was truly remarkable. If you like deep and light snow along with a lot of good people you will certainly like Japan! Woohoo biggrin

Hi Big Will

It was all about me wanting them to love it like I do.

Wife is not into energetic holidays.

And the girls enjoyed it but they would rather hang out at the beach at home.

Although my wife says she is worried about radiation it is really an excuse.

It's alright with me it costs alot less and I don't have to wait for them.

Seemore

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Count me in.

I have only been to Japan once it was for a meeting so we were only in Tokyo and Yokohama but I loved being there even for that short time.

Very sad to see what has happened this year but my dream of skiing there next winter is still alive.

• 2 weeks later...

All booked and ready to go Arriving Early February - Basing ourselves in Furano hired a car and exploring nearby ski resorts. Then a road trip to Niseko for last 10 days with trips to Kiroro. WAHOOO can't wait. 4 excellent friends also coming. banner

We are booked as well. 12 days based back in Niseko with a car booked for four of those days that we intend to use to explore a lilltle further afield, definately going to do some day trip around to Rusutshu, Mowia and a first time trip over to Kiroro. Decided to base ourselves at Niseko again as I have a couple of first timers (to Japan) joining this years trip and its a good introduction point.

After being fairly certain of going to Canada in 2012 it now looks like I will do a solo trip of 3 to 4 weeks to Myoko and possibly Hakuba region with special interest in Cortina. After a couple of Hokkaido trips I am looking forward to sampling the mainlands delights.