• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: rach
I could do without the J-pop music channel though!

Couldn't we all!

Even I have been to the gym a few times a week this last month. Good to feel a few kg lighter actually.

Not a lot of exercise going on around here...

Kids with sport injuries, kid with tonsillectomy, repairmen making me wait around the house for hours on end.

Hopefully starting tomorrow life will be back to normal. Sort of.

Honestly I have only missed a week - but it has been crazy here for WEEKS now.

Back to Toning tomorrow - but on the upside I have been cleared to commence small amounts of jogging biggrin

Had a cold this week, but no... just been psycho busy rolleyes

You should see my house!! I need someone to swoop down and fix it for me. lol

Suppose if I fix it myself it would burn a few calories shifty

(ohh... if you meant the 'being cleared thing' - nah...that was shin splints)

For those interested I came accross a really interesting sounding marathon (with varying distances) between Numazu and Fujikawa. What makes this unique (I think) is that is will be run on the new Shin-Tomei highway that is being built. It's a long elevated highway so you'd be running above the towns and fields. Also, for those of you who are interested in geography, it's basically along the base of Mt. Fuji. The marathon is in November. Have a search online or post here if interested and I'll hunt down the link wink

Originally Posted By: Black Mountain
For those interested I came accross a really interesting sounding marathon (with varying distances) between Numazu and Fujikawa. What makes this unique (I think) is that is will be run on the new Shin-Tomei highway that is being built. It's a long elevated highway so you'd be running above the towns and fields. Also, for those of you who are interested in geography, it's basically along the base of Mt. Fuji. The marathon is in November. Have a search online or post here if interested and I'll hunt down the link wink

Maybe this one is inaka enough, but races along new bridges etc can get pretty crowded. The entry limits on them are generally slack. If it is crowded, you might have to walk the first x km.

Try a different destination, or meet up with someone at the end/half way point.

I lost my cycle buddy - she would come from the North, me from the South, about a 40 minute ride for each of us - meet up, have lunch, coffee's, chat about kids and snow, then ride say goodbye and ride home.

THAT did not get old.

But she got a fulltime weekday job sadface

I am starting to reintroduce running. Just sprints within my cardio and kickboxing sessions at the moment. Shins do ache afterwards - saw podiatrist again today - he added a bit more lift to the arch. Fingers crossed.