Originally Posted By: yoroshiku onegai shimasu
Originally Posted By: Mamabear
Anything special happening in early August YOS?

Just going back to hometown and seeing family etc.
Prefer to look my best I suppose, more than that it's a really good Goal to aim for.
Understand completely.
  • Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my turn for excuses...

I am absolutely shattered... I think I could fall asleep and stay that way until the weekend! Did kickboxing yesterday morning but after camping out at hospital with the #3 and his black and blue ear for most of the evening I think today will be a lazy homebody day.

sleep_4.jpg

Had a good 25km ride last night. Half of it going up, the other half coming down very fast. That sounds dramatic the incline wasn't anything major, it just felt it after 10km!

Hee hee .... no need for sympathies Mr Orange. I was glad of a day of 'rest'.

This morning I had a 'toning' session - and hour of weights work. WOW! I have got some sore bits tonight! It is amazing how much of a workout you can get from slowly raising and lowering a set of dumbbells over and over.

Muika - was that one long uphill followed by one long downhill to return? If that is the case it is lucky the uphill was first - would be a shocker to ride off and go down hill only to realize when you turned around that you had a long hard uphill slog to get home!!!

Muika - was that one long uphill followed by one long downhill to return? If that is the case it is lucky the uphill was first - would be a shocker to ride off and go down hill only to realize when you turned around that you had a long hard uphill slog to get home!!!

Yes, uphill first. Only very slight though, certainly not a hard slog. But after 10km or so of it I'm glad to come back down again!
Starting from my house where I live, pretty much everywhere I go is either flat or going up!
Originally Posted By: muikabochi

Yes, uphill first. Only very slight though, certainly not a hard slog. But after 10km or so of it I'm glad to come back down again!
Starting from my house where I live, pretty much everywhere I go is either flat or going up!
Not near any beaches are you? omg

I have not been out for a real ride for a couple of weeks due to lots of rainy weather - but my car is booked in for a service next tuesday, so I plan to ride home from that rain hail or shine. It is only about 11km but the bike paths/reserves are not all that fabulous as it is from an industrial area on a major road. But if I take a detour to the coast and ride on my usual route it is 15.4km biggrin That might be the PLAN!

no exercise today - picked up my new orthotics - they are SO MUCH more comfortable than my old ones .... I sure hope they fix my problem and get me running again.

Have any of you guys done Crossfit? I was introduced to it through my brazilian jiu Jitsu club and it is the best way to exercise. Different workouts each day, relatively short workouts and not as boring as running the same old tracks day in day out. Also drops the weight off like you wouldn't believe smile

It looks hell hard Indo!

Like commando training Bear Grills style!

I think I am too old for that! grandpa

Kick Boxing this morning.

Booyah! smi26.gif

Then Physio - acupuncture and deep tissue and more physio tape for a few days. Ouch - but there IS improvement.

Crossfit is a mixed bag. It consists of workouts that combine sit ups, pull ups, olympic lifts, aerobic exercises etc. Sometimes the workout may take you 5 mins & other days it may take you 30mins but it is intense.

Mama, many people that have come into our gym think it is way to hard (especially when they look at the better guys hammering it out) but the thing with crossfit is you are not competing against anyone but yourself and if you do it in the fastest time then maybe add weight for extra benefit.

I have combined it with a "semi" Paleo eating style and went from 25% body fat to 15% in 3 months and am about 12% now (whole 8 pack almost fully exposed!)

After training like this I just laugh at the days when I used to go in the gym and do 1-2 hrs of weights and cardio..

I recommend reading The primal Blueprint for a bit more info on the eating side of things.

Guilt is only a useful emotion if it engenders change - otherwise it does nothing but make you feel bad about yourself. Not worth it.

Process the feeling - decide, was it worth it? Life is not all about perfect nutrition + perfect commitment to training. Its a trade off.

If it wasn't worth it, then the feeling of guilt can alert you to the fact, you can make some decisions about 'next time' - and then get rid of the guilt trip.

Sometimes a big meal, a few drinks and a great night out with friends is JUST what you need biggrin

Saturday: No structured exercise...feel like I am coming down with a cold. Took the puppy for an outing to watch the water polo matches, she is not all that well behaved yet, so when she went a bit spazzo I took her for a run in the adjoining parkland (twice). I am not supposed to run yet, and my legs are hurting a bit after the acupuncture/deep tissue/taping from Friday, but it didn't seem to get any worse after the run.

Today I am really feeling unwell, so after a big morning cleaning I am tucking under a doona with a coffee and a movie.

smiley-sick.gif

I do some crossfit... just pic workouts you like and definitely do them to your own capacity than increase as required as Indo says. That makes it really good, use only yourself as the gauge.

It sucks but as my chin up are bad big time and I hate them. They do use them a bit. So MANY MANY workouts to choose from but.

I like to do a 30 min run then select an very short cross fit regime (20min) and pump that out. Good time to benefit ratio.

On another note... running a program (hill) on the running machine and keep knocking off the 'emergency switch' about half way through. Fully shuts down the machine and you have to start again from scratch angry damn that shits me. Surely you should be able to at least start it from where you stopped it to keep the details and program going...

Thanks Muika - no...not really.

But I know I am pretty fortunate that I have been taking Olive Leaf Extract for weeks - because the people around me have been going down HARD and staying down for a good week. I just feel 'blerk' but not 'shoot me now' sick wink