Moving... and getting back money

+1

we never clean when we leave. of course we leave it empty, but dont bother to vacuum etc. ive never had to pay cleaning fee.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first place we lived in we paid a months rent (50K) and when we left we got the deposit back + about 20K as a bonus for finding a new tenant! Landlord was a really nice guy!

• 3 weeks later...
  • SnowJapan Admin

Yes we got the one month thing as well, so will be another couple of weeks before we find out the verdict on our old office.

• 3 weeks later...

I have this year been through a move.

They had 150,000 yen and I got about 75,000 yen of it back.

About 50% was my 'if it's lower than that we'll need a chat' level, so I avoided that.

I thought it was fair enough amount given a few things in there that needed fixing and it not being in a particularly clean state when I left. So I accepted that.

Here's my one experience.

The deposit I had - and had actually forgotten about - was 130,000 yen.

I had been in the place more than 5 years and it was pretty lived in. Nothing major but a fair few knocks and a tatami in a less than fine state. I don't know what I was expecting but I got 60,000 yen back. I did get a list of things but I felt they actually missed a few things so in a way I considered myself lucky so accepted it.

The whole thing generally seems very shady though from what I have heard and I can imagine a lot of people being taken advantage of. Perhaps even I was. I don't know what the laws are regarding cleaning and fixing small things.

What is the deal with "wear and tear" anyway?

Got 35,000 yen back from my 90,000 yen they had.

Fair deals I suppose a few things needed doing and it could have been worse I thought so dedided to accept.

Last year.

Got 65000 yen back from 110,000 yen.

I was hoping to get at least half so that was acceptable...... it could have been worse from the stories I have heard.