Got the Ipad and the phones switched over now. The shop made a mistake on their auction listing so the Ipad wasn't 3G after all, but they knocked 7000 yen off and that twisted my arm. Now we've got one, yeah its wicked. If anyone knows a reliable app review site, as opposed to one that just comes up first in google, let me know! I'll have to get a case too, because its all smooth and seems very droppable.

Originally Posted By: loaf of bread
What sort of package did you end up with Mr Wiggles? Take out the "data plan" deal?

Hello again. I didn't get smartphone(s) in the end. Just some s/h au phones that work in Europe. The model is called S001. Its a slidey one with a camera with lots of buttons which makes it more useable than ones where you have to go through a menu to bump up the exposure. It also does lots of au things, but I don't understand any of them and doubt we need them.

To satisfy the ol' techlust, I got an iPad instead of a smartphone. I didn't get a 3G one in the end, so no data plan.
Originally Posted By: muikabochi
I gave up really on app review sites.
Best to keep to the main gaming sites like ign, gamespot etc or metacritic.

The imdb one you recommended is great.

Gizmodo has a list so I'm going to have a look at them. The app review sites seem to be good at SEO and nothing else.

"ABC pocket phonetics" is teaching my kids the alphabet, so that's my favourite so far. "Web albums" is good for picasa too. I'll keep all the games on our Ipod Touch, so the kids don't automatically fight over who gets the big one.

my ipad is wifi, but I connect to a mobile wifi thingy when I'm out of range. Which isn't often really. I can use that to connect with the galaxy tab and any computer too. That is a data plan.

I couldn't see the real point behind "smartphones" until I got one (from work). I get it now, and really enjoy using it. Don't go overboard but some of the features are really useful to have.

And I'm pretty sure that if some feature "breaks" (?), I just go into Docomo and they give me a new one. As I take a regular backup there's not much hassle there.