Al-Qaeda leader Bin Laden 'dead'

Al-Qaeda founder and leader Osama Bin Laden is dead, according to US media reports citing officials.

The US is in possession of Bin Laden's body, the reports say. President Barack Obama is due to make a statement shortly.

Mr Bin Laden is top of the US most wanted list.

He is accused of being behind a number of atrocities, including the attacks on New York and Washington on 11 September 2001.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Karnidge - its a big deal to the US. He was #1 on our most wanted list since 9/11, and on the list well before that. He's a terrorist, and a shithead. More than the US wanted him dead.

It won't stop them, and it may actually get worse over there for a short time. But we've taken down the leader to a retarded army. Only a matter of time now until its over.

Yeah I get it is a big deal, of course.

But he's just one dude. I'm sure there's lots more, so I doubt it means your friends will be brought home now just because of this.

Whatever, good they got him.

Originally Posted By: snowhuntress
Does this mean we can now bring our troops home from Afghanistan????

Don't think it's quite as simple as that! wink
Originally Posted By: snowhuntress
Glad they have finally got him. Does this mean we can now bring our troops home from Afghanistan????

They'll be home in time for supper, snowhuntress. wink

Actually interesting question, wonder what will happen with the body?

Personally can't believe that this will affect that much really - doubt it will do much to halt the hatred and will of others to push forward. It's more symbolism than anything capturing him.

Sorry, should be positive at this time!

I guess we forgot Hitler, Stalin, etc. All leaders who once fell, their followers did the same. In time, the taliban will be defeated. Their spirit is crushed! lol

well done. Although conspiracy crazies are already calling foul due to the timing of the announcement, what with Obama's ratings at an all time low.

Anyways, I'm happy he's gone.

Originally Posted By: norcal
I guess we forgot Hitler, Stalin, etc. All leaders who once fell, their followers did the same. In time, the taliban will be defeated. Their spirit is crushed! lol

Stalin wasn't killed, he died and the Soviet Union went on for another 40 odd years before "his followers" fell.

Trouble is you get rid of one piece of scum, and another pops out from around the corner.

If in fact Bin is actually dead I am sure some of his devoted followers will be more than happy to continue is work!

Quote:
American officials said last night they were ‘99.9 per cent confident’ that DNA evidence proved Osama Bin Laden is dead.

Damn, that means that there's a 0.1% chance....

doh