• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All finished at the end of yesterday muika. Still plenty of snow on the range though for people wanting some late season backcountry turns. There'll be some skiing up high well into June.

There's still a bit going on a Niseko when I went last Sat. Ace Quad 2, and Ace Pair 3 were still open. The park up near Ace Pair 3 is still pretty good.

Fingers crossed I can find somewhere to go this weekend. dance

Originally Posted By: SKI
Not bad going. Is that longer than usual Go Native?

Just normal. They usually run till the end of Golden Week. In '05 I think it was there was so much snow still that they did open for a couple of weekends after GW.
Originally Posted By: rach
There's no lifts on Yotei though is there?

Thankfully no. That mountain will forever remain the domain of the more intrepid thumbsup

So when you say they run until Golden Week, does that mean you need some sort of permission to go up there Go Native?

Not sure what you mean. The lifts at the resort remain open normally till the end of GW. That's just part of the normal season. No need for permission. Just pay for the lift pass!

If you mean skiing backcountry like on Yotei or out along the Niseko Range you never need any permission to head out there.

• 1 month later...
Originally Posted By: iiyamadude
Nice one Mitch looks like a lot of snow up there still.
Can't really tell what are conditions like?

Still tons of snow, skiing top to bottom. The latest I have ever seen.
Originally Posted By: TropicalPow

Good stuff as usual MP, although I think you should throw some of that excess snow in a coolerboxchullybun and send it over to New ZealandUnZed,
bro
, they've been having a bit of a snow drought. Now I know where it is.

wink fixed