Hey SJers! I've been a little quiet on the boards these days because of my workload... hope you haven't missed me too much wink

I'm staring up at Mt. Fuji every day now with one thought running through my head! Anyone else considering going up there for a ski? There is still plenty of snow which will likely remain for some time now... If I can get organized enough (and get someone to come along with me!) I'm thinking about heading up there some time during Golden Week. Let me know if anyone else is interested!

I missed you BM! Workload?! I can't believe it!

About Fuji, I heard it was about to erupt, is that not correct?

wink

Actually I would be interested if I didn't have too many things going on and it was a bit nearer!

Is that allowed? Always wondered if it was...would be awesome to do. A real story nobody would believe without pics, lol! If so I'm gonna give it a shot next season smile

Originally Posted By: norcal
Is that allowed? Always wondered if it was...would be awesome to do. A real story nobody would believe without pics, lol! If so I'm gonna give it a shot next season smile

Do a youtube search norcal. There are quite a few videos of people doing it.

@gnarly-dude, I'm not sure that I'm going to be able to get myself organized in time for GW anyway... I'll let you know what I come up with!

From what I remember, I think the first decent was by a Japanese pro skier Miura Yuich in the early 70´s. We thought then it was a big deal.

Seeing it done on boards, I wonder how many people have done it over the years ...

Be interested to hear your story.

Well, I've been researching a bit... I don't think I'll be doing it during this golden week. There is still a lot of snow up there and the roads up to the fifth station are closed (but tentatively open dependent on the weather...) Hopefully at the end of the month I'll be able to get up there... its going to have to be a last minute decision though as I have a few big projects on the go and some looming deadlines!

• 1 month later...

I was all ready to go two weeks ago with a friend of mine... we'd even registered with the local police but unfortunately the weather was terrible so we pulled the plug. I'm going to try it again next year when I can give myuself a little more time to prepare for it... (hopefully) wink

Sounds really cool, I would like to try it, but not sure if my level is good enough for fuji? I would say I am now an advanced level skier, but not an expert level skier for sure. What sort of level do you need to be to ski fuji, anyone know?

• 2 years later...