How's your state of mind right now?

Originally Posted By: grungy-gonads
What's draining you Mamabear, if you don't mind me asking. You ok?

Gave blood yesterday morning - was literally 'drained' and then got home and felt totally washed out. Was a purely physical thing for me - not like the mental drain you guys have been going through!
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty much back to pre-disaster now. Just hoping my work doesn't get affected in the coming months by any kind of slowdown or cutbacks.

I still spend the odd half hour or so trying to find out the whys and whatfors of all things nuclear, but I guess its just fingers crossed and hope for the best. As a difference, I'm definitely going to get some grab bags ready like you're supposed to. We don't but if we rented and I thought the house looked a bit dodgy, I'd be up for moving.

I am trying to keep myself occupied and not thinking about it.

I guess there will be some accummulated stress in there that I'm not letting out proper, not aware of or aren't admitting.

But I really don't like hearing stuff about the possibility of M8 aftershocks and also 'Tokyo getting one' kind of discussions. I sort of want to know, but don't.

Originally Posted By: MintyNZ
RAWR
Angry
Tired of how SELFISH people are.
Tired of insomnia, tired of an AS hitting 10 minutes before my alarm every other morning.

oh, and HAPPY for TB smile grats!

Who is selfish, Minty?
Originally Posted By: MitchPee
I'm worried. I am going to have to pay for graduate school. I currently don't have a form of employment over 20 hours a week. omg

And how long did you spend gallavanting around Japan for on whose money? And you want sympathy from us? wink

In all seriousness, why do you need 20 hrs a week? Surely, you'd want less time if you are going to study?
Originally Posted By: RobBright
I'm worried. I am going to have to pay for graduate school. I currently don't have a form of employment over 20 hours a week. omg

And how long did you spend gallavanting around Japan for on whose money? And you want sympathy from us? wink

In all seriousness, why do you need 20 hrs a week? Surely, you'd want less time if you are going to study?

I want no sympathy from anyone? How would sympathy help my situation? Temporarily inflate my ego? All set with that.

I have a job that I get about 20 hours a week now, but I have a lot of free time which I actually need to use to save up for graduate school. Therefore it is stressful trying to find ways to get something else that will help me fill my extra time at the moment. "Galavanting" around Japan? Seems like you don't know what my situation was.

Mitch, where you thinking of going?

Originally Posted By: SantaCruz

Mitch, where you thinking of going?

James! Actually debating U washington hahaha but probably BU or Utah again. Not sure, hard debate!
Being in Niseko all season doing all that skiing, yes, it does sound like a real bummer! Never mind, you seemed to get through it intact.
wink

Please pull up where I am complaining about Niseko? Niseko was awesome! Did you ever take a gap year? I took a gap 3 months and had an amazing time after working 4 years full time to pay for uni while attending school. Oh I can throw in a wink to pretend like I'm not being an asshole when it fact I am.
Being in Niseko all season doing all that skiing, yes, it does sound like a real bummer! Never mind, you seemed to get through it intact.
wink

Please pull up where I am complaining about Niseko? Niseko was awesome! Did you ever take a gap year? I took a gap 3 months and had an amazing time after working 4 years full time to pay for uni while attending school. Oh I can throw in a wink to pretend like I'm not being an asshole when it fact I am.

lol

Top Tip - get out of bed on the other side next time

wink wink

I don't know what's more pathetic GG and Rob. The fact that I let you provoke me or the fact that you have nothing better to share so you do provoke me?

Sorry forgot: wink wink wink