Does anyone here use a notebook fan cooler thingy?

Recently my notebook seems to have been getting quite hot and the fan going full blast for long periods and I am thinking I need something like that. Wondering if people find that they work good.

i have a cheap notebook stand, it looks like the pic above but without any fan in it. ive seen them for about 500 yen.

with one of those, the air ventilation is enough to keep it cool, you dont need a fan.

Stick a hoover over any air vents that you got on your comp, that should sort out your heating problem.

I did mine the other day, now runs much cooler.

But the powerful ones anyway run quite warm, even from new.

After a period of time the fan sucks in loads of dust and gradually it is unable to cool the processor as easily so has to try and work harder, resulting in a very hot computer which will shut it self down if it gets to hot.

Just run the the thin end of a hoover pipe over the air vents for 10 seconds or so and see if that helps.

MAKE sure it is not on and not plugged into the mains!

Desk tops are easier, just take off the cover, make sure it is un plugged from the mains of course and earth yourself, then suck out the dust.

Great idea snowdude. It seems to have worked. Certainly less noisy and quieter for longer than before. Good old vacuum cleaner.

I had ordered a fan base thing as well so hopefully that will also go towards keeping the thing cooler.

Thanks

thumbsup

We use one that's USB powered with three fans. I got it because the internal fan of our notebook got very rattly after the kids pulled the computer off the desk a couple of times. In the end, I just disconnected it. I'm too tight to pay 20,000 yen or whatever for the repair.

If they are noisy, the fans on an external cooler can always upgraded to quieter ones. Google "silent pc" etc. for recommendations.

Those things work.

I have that one that you have posted above, well it looks like mine one big fan in the middle.

Computer is very cool, the big fan runs pretty quiet.

Worth it if you ask me.

Definately get one. Or at least a mat that will prop up your laptop so that the fan on your computer will work. Most people don't realize that the fan cant work flat on a table, lol. Where does it blow then? razz

Also make sure you get a cooler with alot of vents. Most cheap ones just have 1 or 2 fans, with limited openings. I have one with 2 fans and the whole thing is vented, works awesome, rarely gets hot. Pulls the hot air away from the laptop like a champ.

Occasionally I'll blow out the vent on my laptop & the cooler, like most things it collects dust when it's not mobile.

Anyway good luck, hope whatever you get works out.

not a good fan:

12510772309078816095.jpg

my current fan:

Targus-Chill-Mat-XC-for-Laptops-0.jpg

(the fan looks flat, but it has two legs that prop it up at an angle)

A few months back the fans on my notebook started working overtime and almost as soon as the thing was turned on. I used the vacuum and now also use one of those stands and it works a treat now.