Personally, I think it's even more important this year than normal. I saw a couple of hanami parties over the weekend and will definitely go to the one I've been invited to this Sunday! cheers

As far as I can see the Sakura aren't out yet, but will def be going. If Isehara says not to, then I coulodn't think of a better reason to go!! I'd love to give him a slap

If round here is anything to go by, I reckon they will as they aren't really out yet....a few trees starting to show some flowers but not the wholesale flower-fest.

The tree outside my house will be in full bloom in a few more days, centre of Kofu will be full bloom this weekend, which is quite surprising considering last night was the first night that it didn't get below freezing since last December with the exception of a few days in last part of feb and 2 days in march.

But if the weather is nice Sunday we may well go and have a sukura party.

Nice. There's a good park near where we live and it's usually quite but in sakura time it gets packed. Not into the squash 100 people in 20 square meter on blue mats thing, much prefer a secluded spot.

I went to Chidorigafuchi today...got out at Kudanshita station...bad idea. Soooooo many people..Tokyo makes me laugh sometimes. They'll pack the streets shoulder to shoulder just to get a quick snapshot of anything. Not saying its bad, they are enjoying themselves, but it just cracks me up.

Once we got away from the madness & near the castle/park it was a little more spacious, so we could relax. Think they will be more pink next week/later this week though. The ones here in Akishima are still white/light pink.

Gonna try to go to Lake Kawaguchiko near Fuji sometime soon. No blossoms yet there...hopefully soon before I take my vacation to the states though. I'll stop rambling now...lol

We went to see the Sakura today in Mukawa which is in Yamanashi about a 30 min drive from our house. We saw one of Japans oldest sakura trees, which is supposed to be 2000 years old and still alive.

I will put some pics up during this coming week of the trees!

We had a fun relaxed day and topped it off with an onsen and Hotou afterwards.