2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: ug
I'm not in Japan any more but will surely be heading back when I can.
Gambatte everyone!

Heading back in September clap

Some positive news coming back from Japan would help.

It's still irregular blasts about Fukushima and how back that is - conflicting reports of course, but this morning about kids in Fukushima having radiation detected.

Not the kind of news report that makes you think "Yeah Japan right!" party

I reckon time will do it's good deed in terms of people's image of Japan. A few of my friends asking though whether it's really ok for me to go next February. I look at them with a WFT atitude, but hey it's what some people are thinking.

Well my trip is well on the way to being organised staying at both Shiga Kogen and Myoko with a few days in Tokyo.

Hey if things get to bad we can always go night skiing without the need for lights, a nice gentle glow off the hills.

Its very difficult to book from OS at the moment, I find most of the emails sent go unanswered and when you do get an answer what is sent via a translater makes little sence.

For example I have been trying for weeks to get the Prince hotel in Shiga Kogen to answer,

• SnowJapan Admin

Interesting that ausi ski bum.

SK Prince are listed on this site, have you used that contact method ie from our pages to try and get a response?

The link on this site is to an agent, I have been trying to ask a couple of specific questions of the hotel itself but I believe it is only opening from 28 December so most likely there is no one there to take my question.

• SnowJapan Admin

Yes, but the Prince Hotel are aware of that situation - perhaps they want all enquiries to go through someone who can deal with them and that is the reason for that particular setup.

I have given it a try. I was originally dealing with one of the Prince Hotels staff who unfortunatly left the hotel group. I am sure I will get there, I have my Myoko stay sorted by the very helpful Amy and I think I have Yokoteyama sorted but again communications have been very difficult.

• SnowJapan Admin

Hi there

OK I'm not clearly understanding what your problem is in that situation, but just as a general point....

If you (meaning anyone) contact a hotel that is listed in our Places to Stay section but do not get a response, please let us know about it and we will try to sort it out for you.

And more information on that section can be found here.

Thanks.

Thanks, the places to stay section on here is excellent, I have used it many times before and extensivly in planning this trip.

I had been talking to someone at Prince about this year but lost contact, I was not clear and some of the places you advertise do struggle a little with OS enquiries, but thats OK I own two apartments in Falls Creek Victoria and if I recieved a booking enquiry in Japanese, I would be more than just a little stumped.

I did find a hotel the Okushiga Kogen Hotel that meets our needs from the listings on this site, thanks.

My trip is all but organised now for 2012, I am pleased with the plans we have. Trip number six, locked in.

• SnowJapan Admin

Well, you know the places in our section all want to be there themselves, and so I would hope that you get a positive attitude and response from any that you contact. Would always like to know if that wasnt the case.

Hope you have a great trip, sounds like a good one. friend

I went to Tokyo at end of May for a week and I had fantastic time. The life there is as usual, on the plus side there's a lot less gaijins spoiling the mood.

As far as I'm concerned there are no problems travelling there as long as you don't go to the tsunami hit areas. They are still having aftershocks near Sendai.

As for radiation levels in Tokyo, they are lower than Sydney and a lot less than you will get exposed to by flying an plane to get there.

They are still having aftershocks in the very large area from Chiba to Aomori, not just Sendai.

Quote:
As for radiation levels in Tokyo, they are lower than Sydney

That's the well-worn line isn't it.

Sydney ain't less than a few hundred km and downwind from Fukushima Dai-ichi though is it, as well as using the same ocean water as Fukushima and the increasingly worrying stories of 'hotspots', possibility of contaminated foodstuffs etc etc.

Just wanted to balance out that comment.

Originally Posted By: ausi ski bum
I had been talking to someone at Prince about this year but lost contact, I was not clear and some of the places you advertise do struggle a little with OS enquiries,

If it helps I stayed at Hotel Khuls Shigakogen and it was great value and board in, board out. Good little pub a shortish stroll away although you can get a full meal deal there which is great. Just be prepared to eat dinner early smile
Originally Posted By: Nuff
I went to Tokyo at end of May for a week and I had fantastic time. The life there is as usual

In addition to your 'safe as Sydney' comments, need to pick you up on one more comments - life in Tokyo is not quite 'as usual'.