2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The second poster summed it up pretty good:

Other places I want to visit just don't have any of this shit going on.

Hope they can get things cleared up, but it's going to be a difficult few years for Japan tourism I think.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah Cheers mate. I'm actually interested in peoples opinions on this. If you don't mind could you just move on to something else. I know it's a public forum and all but I'd appreciate it if you could just hold off for a while. I'm more interested in the opinion of people who are not posting all the time and are not in the country. Thanks.

If you had a posted an even semi-useful poll, it might have worked.

As it is, you missed the main reason off the poll completely, as other people have noted and similar discussions are going on in other threads.

I was planning on Japan next winter but I am put those plans off now and will be checking out somewhere else on the list.

'Other places I want to visit just don't have any of this shit going on' fairly sums it up. There's lots of places on my list and I have no existing connection to Japan, so I'll just put the idea on the shelf for now.

Originally Posted By: oblivion
If you had a posted an even semi-useful poll, it might have worked.
As it is, you missed the main reason off the poll completely, as other people have noted.

Hmmmm. The poll is selfishly for me.
Originally Posted By: ELMO
I was planning on Japan next winter but I am put those plans off now and will be checking out somewhere else on the list.

'Other places I want to visit just don't have any of this shit going on' fairly sums it up. There's lots of places on my list and I have no existing connection to Japan, so I'll just put the idea on the shelf for now.

Did you vote Elmo? Could you let me know what in specific are your reasons for not visiting. Where abouts were you thinking of going to?

There was no option for my vote, as others have noted.

I told you my reason, did you not read my post.

Stuff going on in Japan.

Stuff not going on in other places that I want to go to.

The choice is simple.

I had not chosen any particular area yet.

Originally Posted By: oblivion
What's that mean then?
confused

Sorry. Don't know how to make it any more clearer.

Anyway I'm interested in peoples opinions who don't usually post and who don't live in Japan. Thanks.
Originally Posted By: ELMO
There was no option for my vote, as others have noted.

I told you my reason, did you not read my post.
Stuff going on in Japan.
Stuff not going on in other places that I want to go to.

The choice is simple.

I had not chosen any particular area yet.

Thanks
Noted
"Stuff going on in Japan'
Cheers

Hello

I'm in the US.

Interested in Japan for a while now but not made it yet.

I had no real plans for next winter, but I don't think I'd go this year now and probably favor somewhere else.

It's like other people have said really. I have no ties to Japan and don't feel the need to particularly go somewhere that's hurting, on very shaky ground and things that are going on. My g/f just ain't into the idea and I can't say I am either really.

And I'm not basing any of this on over the top sensational media reports btw.

I can support the people over there by donating to charities, and will do that, but I'll be taking my vacation somewhere else.

Good luck with everything people caught up in this.

4 of us here in the UK been eyeing up Japan for a short while now and love the idea. Still interested but we will only be making any proper plans come October/November, so don't need to make any decision. All the things going on certainly don't add to the case for Japan, but not sure if they will have make us decide on another place or not for next season.

thumbsup

Originally Posted By: blef
...All the things going on certainly don't add to the case for Japan thumbsup

They also don't detract from the beauty and fabulousness of the snow there!

Don't be a wusss, go to Japan next season! wink biggrin