Did anyone just see the show where they talked about the boy who was hit by a boarder. They gave out details of clothing and a phone number to hunt him down.

Dont get me wrong the boy got hurt but come on get out there and solve murders and other things that are more serious.

I saw the show last night... apparently the kid is in pretty serious condition, no movement in the right arm and right leg. the word is if the guy turns himself in there won't be any charges, but if he doesn't then there will be... the theme of the story was not so much the big crime involved, but more of a plea from the parents to put this behind him and help little Hiro understand... there was also a couple of things said by other snowboarders, which I very much agree, that because of this and the limelight given, a lot of people are presuming snowboarders are a bad lot! (which, you gotta admit, it does tend to attract the young punks! another story to for a new topic). I hope the guy does turn himself in, mainly for the rest of us.

Also, remember, we live in a country (for those of us living in Japan) that is relatively peaceful, and what makes news here, would hardly make the news in other parts of the world. This was pointed out to me by my Japanese wife, whereas I was also thinking, "come on, why is this story getting so much exposure?!" but she's got a good point, there aren't very many murders here, and human drama stories (just take a look at all the programs on tv) are the rating rocket boosters, so I really think they are milking this story to capture eyeballs!

btw, FatTwins- I haven't been up to Takasu for a week or so, and I'm heading up to Aomori/Iwate for the next week looking for some powpow! I'll be back at Takasu the following week!

gotta read the next topic of discussion I'll open, its a great story of how punk snowboarders meet doom with the not-so-understanding gaijin...

I don't suppose they even discussed the issue of whether it's a good idea to have little tikes and their dads cluttering up the slopes. I saw plenty of opportunities for paralysing nippers today. Indeed I very nearly wiped out somebody's Dad today so that I didn't kill his kid. Dad was of course standing around the gerende where you would expect a skier. If I was a person who rode out of control, Dad would have bad whiplash tonight.

People here need to learn on slope manners. Example dont sit in the middle of a run and look up hill as you are cutting hard etc. Like I said before I didnt see the whole show but I still believe there is wore important stuff that needs to be handled. Hope the boy recovers though and thats the truth.

Of course you get people who dont know whats going on. When I talk about manners well its more about safty. Again dont stop in the middle. Look up before entering a trail. Slow down before you get to the liftline. dont step on someones skis/boards in line. The list goes on.

I used to ski bum and quite a few accidents I have seem are from people who just dont read the responsiblity code. That stupid thing you see everywhere is pretty handy.

In Canada my buddy got creamed by a guy poping out of the trees onto a trail without looking up the trail first. My buddy was lucky and so was the other guy but both there days ended.

I think some young Japanese these days think its cool to go against everything. My wife asked some girl to stop smoking in the non smoking section and the girl made a face like "who are you to tell me".

Most good riders respect the mountain and the people on it, if you dont mother nature will kick your butt.