Insanely stupid comments about earthquake/tsunami/nuclear tradedy

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NZ news this morning

"Japan struggles to contain nuclear disaster"

then they had a nuclear scientist from the USA saying "we believe this is much worse than they are admitting, we believe.... we believe... we believe that the containment facility has come away, we believe that the cooling pool has evaporated"

It's easy to say all of that when you're thousands of km's away and trying to provoke an emotional response in a largely scientifically illiterate population (Americans, though NZers know very little about nuclear power). Are they intending to invade Japan under the premise of saving Japan?

mate I can't read that, it fills me with rage! veryangry

People are starting to drop like flies as previously moderate people are getting freaked out and taking off.......the numbers still don't indicate its time to evac. The news this morning seems pretty positive, as of last night the stations were hooked up to the grid and pumps were begun, radiation at the site seems to be decreasing according to NHK

ok....I'll sex it up a bit.......

I'm in an atomic burnout with utter despearation and rage as previous liberal flunkies started to realise their previous folly at following such a pansy view as "don't panic" and have finally joined the winning team and are heading for the hills, some only with the clothes on their back and a rice ball to suck between 100 of them. Those lying liberal flunkies in the Jappo government are still dowplaying the real need TO GET OUT NOW!! and keep on quoting figures that look correct but we can see through their flimsy attempt to pull the calm wool over our atomically burnt eyes. Apparently the engineers, who have had their skin burnt off by all the terrible fall out, have manged to attach cables to the mains and water has started to flow past the irradiated corpses of the 1 million people who used to work there!!

phew....... wink

Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
ok....I'll sex it up a bit.......

I'm in an atomic burnout with utter despearation and rage as previous liberal flunkies started to realise their previous folly at following such a pansy view as "don't panic" and have finally joined the winning team and are heading for the hills, some only with the clothes on their back and a rice ball to suck between 100 of them. Those lying liberal flunkies in the Jappo government are still dowplaying the real need TO GET OUT NOW!! and keep on quoting figures that look correct but we can see through their flimsy attempt to pull the calm wool over our atomically burnt eyes. Apparently the engineers, who have had their skin burnt off by all the terrible fall out, have manged to attach cables to the mains and water has started to flow past the irradiated corpses of the 1 million people who used to work there!!

phew....... wink

Does that mean I have to leave as well?
Originally Posted By: snowhuntress
CNN reported today that Italy is Banning import of any Japanese Items

Idiots! Like Japan is in any condition to export any goods now!

Like China on Tuesday and Singapore a couple of days before that, all this talk of banning or inspecting Japanese goods for radiation is all BS for internal consumption - it's the governments trying to fool their uneducated masses that they are actually trying to do something to protect the citizenry.

its also why the governments are coming out and saying they will evac anyone who wants to go......France did, now the others didn't want to be seen to do nothing, on the small chance that the shit hits the fan and then the populace says "Why didn't you do something quicker?". Unfortunately all this does is self-feed the hysteria as people are looking to their embassy's for guidance

Originally Posted By: Ezorisu
Like China on Tuesday and Singapore a couple of days before that, all this talk of banning or inspecting Japanese goods for radiation is all BS...

I can't really agree. To inspect them is certainly absolutely reasonable. And not wanting to get stuck with radioactive waste in the target country is reasonable too.

That said, this could be simply done with a check at source before export though. An organization like SGS could do that easily.