Insanely stupid comments about earthquake/tsunami/nuclear tradedy

Alternative thread title: Are people just generally stupid?

I've been getting increasingly worked up about sensational newspaper reports, but now that many newspapers have areas where people "comment"... unbelievable how utterly idiotic some/many/most people are.

Are most people stupid?

I thought it might be a good idea to have them all together rather than clogging up the main discussion on the earthquake!

Here's one to start off from a smart individual in Surrey:

Looks to me as Japan will be unsafe, infected, isolated and contaminated and that it will never recover to a habitable island again.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Israel fears sushi shortage after quake

Situation in Japan may affect regular supply of ingredients for one of Israelis' favorite dishes

"We'll be wiser once the situation in Japan stabilizes and the reconstruction begins," he explains. "I assume we'll know if there is going to be a shortage in the coming week. The main fear is of a shortage of the Kikkoman soy sauce. One Kikkoman factory in Japan was damaged and there have been delays in the supply, but we hope it won't stop the regular chain of supply."

Originally Posted By: muikabochi
Israel fears sushi shortage after quake

Situation in Japan may affect regular supply of ingredients for one of Israelis' favorite dishes

"We'll be wiser once the situation in Japan stabilizes and the reconstruction begins," he explains. "I assume we'll know if there is going to be a shortage in the coming week. The main fear is of a shortage of the Kikkoman soy sauce. One Kikkoman factory in Japan was damaged and there have been delays in the supply, but we hope it won't stop the regular chain of supply."

Got to feel for them!

As a British National living here in Tokyo with my family including two children, I would like to know just why my government/ Embassy have not acted to protect their nationals here in the Kanto region and provide flights home, as the French government have done for their nationals?

Continuing large aftershocks/ no food in the shops/ the nuclear facility about to blow. You should be flying us home!

--- Dick Head, Tokyo

The Times prints utter bollocks as well, even if written by their own reporters

"This almost feels like the last straw. After an earthquake, tsunami and nuclear explosion, the survivors are now subject to a blizzard in the middle of March when they should be taking off their winter clothes and waiting for the cherry blossoms."

Er no, not in the mountains of central Fukushima.

Don't you just love the French:

Eric Besson, the French Industry Minister, appears to have lost confidence in the reports of the Japanese and France is recommending that all its citizens leave the country.

Speaking about the situation at the Fukushima plant, M Besson said: “Let’s not beat about the bush. They have visibly lost the essential of control (of the situation). That is our analysis, in any case, it’s not what they are saying.â€

Environment Minister Nathalie Kosciusko-Morizet branded the situation in Japan a “catastropheâ€:

“We recommend that all French citizens who do not have a good reason to stay in Tokyo either take a plane or, if they absolutely insist on staying, head south,†she said. There is no official evacuation order but extra Air France flights have been ordered.

---

Go on, be off with you.

Originally Posted By: MintyNZ

Stupid people who say stupid things are not welcome in Japan si?

Na, they are allowed. Just look at Ishihara, the Tokyo mayor. wink

Stupid people who say stupid things about the earthquake and nuclear power plant are not welcome in Japan though. wink

And as for the Australian Media.

Quote:
Meltdown....Meltdown....Meltdown....Meltdown....Meltdown....Meltdown....Meltdown....Meltdown....Meltdown....Meltdown....Meltdown....Meltdown....

Find a new word and learn how to use it in context you complete idiots.

Basically anything on Fox News or CNN. I came into work today and the Fox News was on, and it says "BREAKING NEWS" also with an ALERT ticker at the bottom. Basically saying everything that has been broadcast here in a calm, neutral voice. American media is so dramatic.

CNN reported today that Italy is Banning import of any Japanese Items

Americans have been buying up Iodine tablets as they prepare for the nuclear cloud!!

SERIOUSLY people - We need to be helping Japan not spreading widespread panic.

On a tiny little part of my world - I have had people say they wont be buying any japanese products where I am. That is GREAT send those to little Japanese Grocery Stores here on the coast out of business and then whine and bitch in a year that there not there. I am off this weekend to spend up big at them!!

In my company there are about 10 non Japanese. One of them today wangled a flight home to 'work from home'. Guess which country he is from?

Damned French, grow a pair!

Not so much words, but images on Channel 9 this morning. Whilst talking about radiation levels in Tokyo pulling the focus in tight of one woman wearing one of those white masks that cover your nose and mouth, insinuating she was wearing it because of radiation. Its the 1st time these have ever been seen in Tokyo!!! :(

You know what really shits me to tears about this - that people don't stop and say "Holy cow, I feel terrible for those people whose homes have been literally shaken apart or washed away"

no, no one says that, because they're too goddamn selfish.

Instead they say "oh noes! A tsunami is coming guys. Civil defense guy, how is the tsunami going to affect New Zealand?" and "oh my gosh, radiation, meltdown, nuclear stuff, oh my! I'm not really qualified to report on this, but I hear those things are really bad and we might go into a nuclear winter... Civil Defense man, how will this affect New Zealand?"

NZ MEDIA: Please stop asking how this terrible disaster will affect us, thousands of kilometers away!