The admirable way that the Japanese cope

The road is very impressive. Fuel still seems to be supply problem number one for the tsunami victims, so lets hope they can get some tankers rolling along there straight away.

Today. Brainless idiots ('anarchists' they say, does that word just mean 'dickhead' or 'moron' or something) rampaging around London smashing the windows of banks, hotels and the like.

Contrast to what is happening in Japan.

Makes me absolutely sick to see, it really does.

Originally Posted By: BagOfCrisps
Today. Brainless idiots ('anarchists' they say, does that word just mean 'dickhead' or 'moron' or something) rampaging around London smashing the windows of banks, hotels and the like.

Contrast to what is happening in Japan.

Makes me absolutely sick to see, it really does.

Most certainly.

This is an email doing the rounds in Australia at the moment. I think it sums up the Japanese People perfectly.

In Australia are we as good?

10 THINGS To LEARN FROM JAPAN

1. THE CALM

Not a single visual of chest-beating or wild grief. Sorrow itself has been elevated.

2. THE DIGNITY

Disciplined queues for water and groceries. Not a rough word or a crude gesture.

3. THE ABILITY

The incredible architects, for instance. Buildings swayed but didn't fall.

4. THE GRACE

People bought only what they needed for the present, so everybody could get something.

5. THE ORDER

No looting in shops. No honking and no overtaking on the roads. Just understanding.

6. THE SACRIFICE

Fifty workers stayed back to pump sea water in the N-reactors. How will they ever be repaid?

7. THE TENDERNESS

Restaurants cut prices. An unguarded ATM is left alone. The strong cared for the weak.

8. THE TRAINING

The old and the children, everyone knew exactly what to do. And they did just that.

9. THE MEDIA

They showed magnificent restraint in the bulletins. No silly reporters. Only calm reportage.

10. THE CONSCIENCE

When the power went off in a store, people put things back on the shelves and left quietly.

Originally Posted By: snowhuntress
4. THE GRACE
People bought only what they needed for the present, so everybody could get something.

Very nice, but I know one or two people that might say the above is a bit off in places. wink
Originally Posted By: tokabochi
4. THE GRACE

Very nice, but I know one or two people that might say the above is a bit off in places. wink

yeah, must be too many foreigners down Shonan way cos we couldn't get bread or milk for love nor money!! lol

7. THE TENDERNESS
Restaurants cut prices. An unguarded ATM is left alone. The strong cared for the weak.

Where are these restaurants? No one told me....

There was a documentary on tonight about the British rescue team that went over a few days after the earthquake for over a week to help and try to find survivors.

It was actually quite good. They asked some of the guys about what they thought of things and a few said that they will never ever forget the way the Japanese were for the rest of their lives. They had nothing but complete respect for them. It was quite moving.