Originally Posted By: Jynxx
Nah,
I reckon you poms are all shell shocked.
or some variant of "mad cow" in ya brain.

Jynxx......I try and stay open minded about your posts and for a while I thought I was getting to understanding em, but this series makes no sense mate.....I just can't fathom out what you are saying, what you think I'm saying......its all ubleday utchday!
  • Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yomiuri today about there being literally no-one at Shin Chitose

æ±æ—¥æœ¬å¤§éœ‡ç½ã®å½±éŸ¿ã§ã€å¤–国人観光客ãŒå¤§å¹…ã«æ¸›ã£ãŸåŒ—æµ·é“・新åƒæ­³ç©ºæ¸¯ã€‚4月ã«é‹èˆªãŒè¨ˆç”»ã•ã‚Œã¦ã„ãŸå›½éš›ç·šã®ã†ã¡ã€æ¬ èˆªä¾¿ã¯ç´„35%(16ï¼ä¾¿ï¼‰ã«ä¸Šã‚‹è¦‹è¾¼ã¿ã§ã€çŽ„é–¢å£ã¨ãªã‚‹å›½éš›ç·šã‚¿ãƒ¼ãƒŸãƒŠãƒ«ã¯ä»Šã‚‚人通りãŒå°‘ãªã„状態ãŒç¶šã„ã¦ã„る。

「本当ã«èª°ã‚‚ã„ãªã„ã‚“ã§ã™ã€ã€‚19日åˆå¾Œã€å‡ºç™ºå£ãŒã‚るターミナル3階ã®çŽ©å…·åº—ã®åº—é•·ã¯ã€å›°ã‚Šæžœã¦ãŸè¡¨æƒ…ã§ã“ã¼ã—ãŸã€‚ã“ã®æ—¥ã®å‡ºç™ºä¾¿ã¯ä¸­å›½ãƒ»å¤§é€£ã¨ã‚½ã‚¦ãƒ«ä¾¿ã ã‘。åˆå¾Œï¼’時éŽãŽã€ï¼’便ã¨ã‚‚出発ã—ã¦ã—ã¾ã†ã¨ã€åºƒã„ロビーã¯ãƒ“ルã®è·å“¡ã‚„空港関係者ãŒè¡Œãæ¥ã™ã‚‹ç¨‹åº¦ã€‚玩具店ã®éš£ã«ã‚る喫茶店ã¨å‘ã‹ã„å´ã«ã‚る海産物店ã¯æ—©ã€…ã¨åº—ã˜ã¾ã„ã—ãŸã€‚

16日ã«ã¯é¦™æ¸¯ã‹ã‚‰éœ‡ç½å¾Œåˆã¨ãªã‚‹ãƒ„アー客ãŒåˆ°ç€ã€ï¼’ï¼æ—¥ã«ã‚‚香港ã‹ã‚‰å›£ä½“客ãŒè¨ªã‚Œã‚‹ãªã©ã€å¤–国ã‹ã‚‰ã®ãƒ„アー客ãŒæˆ»ã‚‹å…†ã—も見ãˆã‚‹ã€‚ã ãŒã€ä¸­å›½åœã‹ã‚‰é€£æ—¥å¤šãã®è¦³å…‰å®¢ãŒæ¥ã¦ã„ãŸï¼’月ã®æ˜¥ç¯€ã‚„ã•ã£ã½ã‚雪ã¾ã¤ã‚Šã®é ƒã®ã«ãŽã‚ã„ã«æ¯”ã¹ã‚‹ã¨ã»ã©é ã„。

æ±äº¬é›»åŠ›ç¦å³¶ç¬¬ä¸€åŽŸç™ºäº‹æ•…ãŒé•·æœŸåŒ–ã™ã‚‹ä¸­ã€èˆªç©ºå„社ã¯ï¼•æœˆä»¥é™ã‚‚減便ãªã©ã‚’決ã‚ã¦ã„る。空港関係者ã¯ã€Œå¤–国ã‹ã‚‰ã¿ã‚Œã°ç¦å³¶ã‚‚北海é“も一緒ãªã‚“ã§ã—ょã†ã€‚ã“ã®çŠ¶æ³ã¯ã‚‚ã†ã—ã°ã‚‰ã続ãã‹ã‚‚ã—ã‚Œãªã„ã€ã¨ä¸å®‰ã‚’æ¼ã‚‰ã—ã¦ã„る。

Seems more airlines are going to be cancelling more flights to Japan from May.

I was there the other day.

Indeed it was very quiet, though I don't know how busy it would be in other years at this time of the year.

Wonder how Furano will do with it's lavenders etc this year.

Strange perhaps but I can see places here being hit more than those on Honshu down to the larger percentage of gaijin in the big picture.

Originally Posted By: Nisoko

Strange perhaps but I can see places here being hit more than those on Honshu down to the larger percentage of gaijin in the big picture.

Absolutely. No other ski resort in Japan has anywhere near the foreign investment and businesses so reliant of foreign tourism as Niseko. Some difficult times ahead for many of the businesses in the area I'd think.

Well the real big boys are much bigger than their little investment here in this part of the world that's for sure. So yeah they will most likely go ahead. Although many projects will still require pre-sales to get off the ground. A couple that had been put on hold after the GFC managed to sell enough this previous winter to go ahead again with development. Of course the very last thing Niseko needs at the moment is more apartment development! I wouldn't want to be an owner currently I can tell you!

Quote:
the very last thing Niseko needs at the moment is more apartment development

Precisely. The lift-served area of Niseko is going to have to expand enormously to service the kind of development plans I've seen, else the whole mountain is going to become Naeba on a holiday weekend. We now have moguls (moguls!) by noon in places where you used to be able to count on untracked lines at 4pm.
grandpa veryangry angry

There has just been.

Interview with a hotel dude from near Fuji that usually has tons of Asian tourists. 100% cancellations! He said that their place will have Japanese guests over Golden Week but there's nothing but cancellations and no bookings after that.

Makes you wonder what will be needed for tourism to recover. Good news from Fukushima? Just time?

Originally Posted By: iiyamadude
And are there any plans at all for the lift-served area of Niseko to expand?

I heard rumor just yesterday that the Gondie is being switched out for a high speed 8 person one, with redevelopment around that area to service beginners more and take some pressure of the family slope. Anyone confirm?

Wouldn't make much difference to lots of people here, they would still wait for the next one to be not next to someone else! wink

I almost always prefer high speed lifts to gondolas and ropeways. All that faffing about taking off the skis and stuff, don't like it. I hate FULL ropeways as well when they stuff so many people in on a busy day. That is the worst part of Hakkai-san for sure.