Originally Posted By: snowboard
Originally Posted By: TJ OZ
I gotta say snowboard that you are the type of person who I actually do not want to have stay. Please let all your friends know to not stay with me also

Will do.
Our 12 nights / 6 people will go somewhere else.
wave

[it's more a buildup of things than just that one comment btw, you don't do yourself any favors]

Oh c'mon. Don't be like that. I was only joking. Really. Please. What can I do to make it up to you. How about a discount. A free lift pass. C'mon, give me one more chance. I beg you. Please.
  • Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, do remember folks:

Positive is something that you agree with. Be certain not to have things that are undesirable mentioned.

Negative is something that you don't agree with. Mentioning things that are undesirable is very negative.

If you remember those things, it'll keep you in good stead.

Originally Posted By: Captain Stag
What! you were considering going to the snow? Do you not know about what is happening? How could you possible justify skiing in a disaster zone. Do you not read the papers?

Useful!
Originally Posted By: iiyamadude
Oh give over with the talk of 'negative' you big blouses.
Just because you don't want something talked about doesn't meant that it is 'negative'.

I can understand the stresses right now what with some of your business or your friends businesses possibly going into freefall, I really can. But quit all the bullshit, please.

Definition of "positive" = marketing bullshit and the message as you want it to be

Definition of "negative" = off message, something I don't want to have being discusssed.

I am happy to discuss what's going on especially in the world media. It's not like we have a say in it anyway. I stopped looking at most of it after a few days when I saw the headline of "meltdown" one morning which clearly was not happening at the time. When I talked about the negative it was more towards some people's general attitudes to pretty much anything and not adding to the thread.
For a lot of the foreign owned places we were coming to the end of the season anyway. This just brought it on a little quicker. Most of us will just wait and see what happens with the power plant before making any decisions on how to move forward for next season (or the season after if they don't contain it sooner than later).
  • SnowJapan Admin

Sorry we have perhaps been a bit distracted with a few of our own problems today and I have only just noticed this.

Please take out all of the personal slanging matches in this thread and only post again in this thread if you can do that.

Any post from now that continues all that in any way, including comebacks, will simply be deleted in its entirety, ok?

Thanks.

I just don't get it David. You point out that things are ok where you live and you get slammed for it. And it's suggested you are only doing so for marketing reasons. It seems people take this good news as a negative as it's not what they want to hear at the moment. They seem to just want to hear bad stuff out of Japan currently. Maybe they just want news that reinforces their concerns to be able to justify not coming in the near future. I don't know, I just don't get it.

• SnowJapan Admin

Did you mean someone else Go Native?

All I am asking here is that people take out the personal slanging matches.

You are very welcome to post in the thread as normal.

friend

• SnowJapan Admin

I agree things can get frustrating, though we can't really do much about it other than ask for personal stuff to be dropped as I have done. I hope most reasonable people reading threads will be able to take the good from the bad, so to speak.

It is certainly a strange situation we all find ourselves in. I suppose we have just all got to get on with it as lots of this is out of our control. From what we are doing point of view, I'm very glad that we got all our new major work underway before this happened and that development is continuing now as normal and will be unaffected.

When things clear up a bit more and looking forward to next season we will of course be doing what we can to help and get the correct message across. We have a few ideas but that will all be a later on.

For now here's hoping that this situation can clear itself up as best it can and as quickly as possible.

Thinking about the subject that all of us here love, it would be a terrible shame if this had a big effect on next season.

All the best to everyone affected, directly and indirectly.

I will be trying to tell people the truth rather than listen to any hype.

How is traffic to the site holding up SJ-David, if you can say?

Hi, first post here.

wave

I have had a first Japan trip to Niseko planned since December now and will be going in 2 weeks. I was shocked to see what happened of course but will still happily be going to enjoy my trip up there.

Excited to read the now reports every day and can't wait to get there.

thumbsup

Even a Mag9 doesn't scare me! grandpa

• SnowJapan Admin
Originally Posted By: xxx
How is traffic to the site holding up SJ-David, if you can say?

We got some pretty huge spikes both to the Forums and the main site from Friday 11th and the following days - up to 2.5 times normal so those were really big numbers. Calmed down somewhat since then but still more than the expected rise on year-to-year months.

Haven't done any analysis yet but it seems fairly clear that while the pages were getting the hits, the actual requests turned in for accommodation has dropped off since then. Things seemed to be going so well on that front in March until that day as well.
Originally Posted By: Wizz
Makes me want to get out there.
Thinking of taking a mid week break out in Hakuba.

Do it Wizz.....I was up Kagura yesterday and its certainly blew the cobwebs away. Conditions were great, I'd imagine Hakuba is faring just as well. Support the local economy and plaster a HUGE snow smile across your face! biggrin

The girlfriend and I are in haneda right now about to head to Niseko. We are happy to be able to continue with our plans and bring our business to Hokkaido. If anyone is going to be riding between april 3 through april 5, say hi! I rock a grey ak jacket w/a never summer evo. All the best.

Thats great hhaidar! Glad to hear you weren't put off by the nonsence on the TV! Its been a pretty good late season for snow, so with a bit of luck you'll get some good conditions up there - wish I was going myself!

Originally Posted By: Mamabear
^ Dunno about other places or other media, but I certainly haven't read any of that sensationalist trash about radiation reaching our shores here in Perth.

I never said that though, did I? wink

All you have to do is look at snowhuntress' post :

Originally Posted By: snowhuntress
I would like to know the truth from locals in Japan. We are reading these reports over here and now I am starting to get really worried for my friends in Japan.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/8231882/fukushima-much-bigger-than-chernobyl

to see what crap the Ausse media pumps out too. Wonder how many Aussies lost their balls and cancelled their trips? wink