Wonderful, aren't you clever and successful!

I'm sure you don't care for yourself, just other people.

Perhaps you could cut your prices or take in refugees seeing as though it's not all about the bottom line.

Not really caring about the business aspect, why not cut the bullshit then? Oh I remembered, you can't.

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: big-will
Originally Posted By: TJ OZ
Originally Posted By: IIIII
IT is understandable why you want it to 'bounce back' but to compare this to Bali is frankly laughable.

I compare it as an event that affected the tourism industry to such a major extent. I am not comparing the catalyst.

But, 'the catalyst' is an important point.

Fancy going to a place that has been ripped apart by 1000+ earthquakes that are still happening, one of them being one of the biggest ever recorded, followed by a massive tsunami, followed by a serious nuclear disaster, followed by the hype of talk of new quakes on their way (silly as they are).

I'm afraid the scale of the two are totally different.
I wish it weren't so.
It remains to be seen how long term this will affect things, but I can't imagine it not having a really huge impact.

How do you compare the psychological affect on foreign tourists in regards to a natural disaster and being targeted by a terrorist group?
Ripped apart by 1000+ earthquakes. Very emotive. Not really the case though is it. Do you work for the foreign media.
Originally Posted By: Nisoko
So you are promoting it then?
I thought you were just posting things as they were.
confused

Depends what you mean by promoting. I love the place and I would recommend anyone in the world to come here to enjoy what this region has to offer. I don't need to be paid to think that way. My jobs allowed me to live here, nothing more than that. I have never said anything about Niseko or Hokkaido out of some need to promote the place because of my jobs!
I'll leave all the bs marketing hype to those who actually make money from it. God knows I never made much money working here!! lol
Originally Posted By: Go Native
Originally Posted By: Nisoko
So you are promoting it then?
I thought you were just posting things as they were.
confused

Depends what you mean by promoting. I love the place and I would recommend anyone in the world to come here to enjoy what this region has to offer. I don't need to be paid to think that way. My jobs allowed me to live here, nothing more than that. I have never said anything about Niseko or Hokkaido out of some need to promote the place because of my jobs!
I'll leave all the bs marketing hype to those who actually make money from it. God knows I never made much money working here!! lol

lol

thumbsup

As much as I loved my trip to Japan, I've got to admit that I would be very wary now. I certainly wouldn't be going ahead and planning a trip for next season now, not yet. When so much is going on, there are just so many other places where 'things aren't going on' that I want to go to. Maybe in a few months things will calm down, but I think this is a real hard hitting event for Japan in terms of it's image overseas. Which is sad.

sadface

Originally Posted By: PWL
As much as I loved my trip to Japan, I've got to admit that I would be very wary now. I certainly wouldn't be going ahead and planning a trip for next season now, not yet. When so much is going on, there are just so many other places where 'things aren't going on' that I want to go to. Maybe in a few months things will calm down, but I think this is a real hard hitting event for Japan in terms of it's image overseas. Which is sad.

sadface

Hi PWL. Are you able to tell us what you are wary of. As I live here I have a different attachment to the place but I am trying to understand the emotion from an outsiders perspective.

Earthquakes.

Earthquakes.

Nuclear situation.

Earthquakes.

Other stuff like transportation, power cuts, supplies.

Earthquakes.

Holiday destination?!

lol

Er, no.

I would think it would be blazingly obvious.

Earthquakes.
Earthquakes.
Nuclear situation.
Earthquakes.
Earthquakes.

Holiday destination?!
lol
Er, no.

So as the threat of earthquake is ever present in Japan would it be fair to say that you would never return and is this a reason you would not visit for example New Zealand. Not having a go PWL, just trying to get a grasp of peoples feelings.
Earthquakes.
Earthquakes.
Nuclear situation.
Earthquakes.
Earthquakes.

Holiday destination?!
lol
Er, no.

But don't forget, Niseko and Hakuba don't have earthquakes or nuclear reactors near them either. wink

Come visit Japan!

Mega quakes!

Not only the biggest ever, but literally hundreds every week!

Nowhere else on earth can you feel thhe constant excitement of these free rides!!!!

Breathe in the air of Toyko, just before The Big One shakes you up#, and wonder if it's radioactive. The thrill of the chance!!!!

Wonder if your plane will be operating, or if you need a detour to Osaka!!!!!!

Play 'find the bread' in the local store and decide whether to drink the milk or not!!!!

Wake up at 3am with your bed shaking from a M5.5 off Chiba and play "Guess The Mag!!!!!"

Follow the weather reports to see if the wind is blowing south west from Fukushima!!!!!!!!

PLEASE COME! Please! Pretty please!!

# not guaranteed

Originally Posted By: RobBright
Earthquakes.
Earthquakes.
Nuclear situation.
Earthquakes.
Earthquakes.

Holiday destination?!
lol
Er, no.

But don't forget, Niseko and Hakuba don't have earthquakes or nuclear reactors near them either. wink

The Japan Alps were not made from erosion. Not sure where the closest reactor is.

You crack me up, you really do.

lol

The closest reactor is Kashiwazaki, biggest in Japan. The one that leaked a bit after the earthquake in Niigata. Just to the north east of you, not too far from Itoigawa. Don't worry, they fixed it with some sticky back plastic and duct tape.

Originally Posted By: pie-eater
You crack me up, you really do.
lol

The closest reactor is Kashiwazaki, biggest in Japan. The one that leaked a bit after the earthquake in Niigata. Just to the north east of you, not too far from Itoigawa. Don't worry, they fixed it with some sticky back plastic and duct tape.

Sorry it is very low on my care factor. I am more likely to die from an electric shock from a faulty appliance than from anything from the source.

I prefer my "Dome" solution, but alas I see no signs of it being implemented.

It would surely be a success in these times of trouble for Japan

(but not Niseko or Hakuba, obviously)

Originally Posted By: pie-eater
I prefer my "Dome" solution, but alas I see no signs of it being implemented.

It would surely be a success in these times of trouble for Japan
(but not Niseko or Hakuba, obviously)

Draw us a quick plan up please. biggrin

Am interested in seeing it. Don't forget some holes as well for the gaseous build up to be easily vented.

Well, its like a really big dome thingy that will cover all of the Fukushima plant, making it safe so that we can all cheer and do high-fives.

I'm sure some movies have had stuff like this, maybe an episode of Outer Limits and also The Simpsons movie, so perhaps we can get so designs from them.

It would deffo work, but I'm not sure about holes, that sounds a bit dodgy.

dome_city.png