After taking all the advices here, I finally tried some jumps.

I was in ShingaKogen this weekend and they just packed over 2 meter of powder on Sunday. Needless to say, I was on the first ride trying jumps. After a couple runs, I start to develop pain on the inner thigh of my front leg, all the way to my heels, thought I pulled a tendon. Its seems like I really had to yank it in order to get the front part of the board up (then spring with the rear)...

Still in pain today. Was it doing it wrong? need more tips!! \:D

Ohby the way, maybe I am crazy, but it seems alot easier to spring from the front.... but looks pretty strange

try doing a few manuals (lifting the front and riding on the tail) to get the feeling of lifting your nose. u dont have to 'yank' it to do them.

jumping off the front is a nollie. most people consider it more difficult, especially to get any height. if this is easy for u, why dont u try doing switch ollies. developing switch skills is always a bonus.

Ahhh, I see your problem - you are trying to pull your ollies instead of pushing them.

The motion of getting up off the ground is this -

1) bend both knees

2) rock back onto your back leg such that your front leg will be off the ground

3) push off with your back foot, and you are airborn, then suck your knees into your chest.

the spring associated with rocking back on your back foot will make your jump very easy as upon jumping, your board goes from a flexed position to an extended one.

you can practice this in your appartment. first practice rocking, then the whole sha-bang.

barok's right. You just kinda 'pop' or spring off the tail of the board.

I've never tried nollies before, im not that good yet! If it feels better then maybe stick with that. But i would say that once you figure out ollies you wont get as high doing nollies.

barok:

thanks, I think thats what happend to me. I never got used to leaning back far enough, after all those lessons I first had about putting your mass on the front foot. so I sort of "yanked" the nose up. But for the nollie part, it was pretty easy since leaning forward had become more natural.

Dont think I can practice at home, since I live in a dormintory (japanese style hollow raised floor)... ).

Any other exercise I can do to improve my jumps?