Earthquake/tsunami in Tohoku, North East Japan (11th March 2011)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

More please!   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HrO2H4Sraw   You'd think they might put in some of the overly loud throat noises and he would do a big "ahhhhhhhhhh" at the end. Come on, where's th

Was standing at the top of Madarao kogen when this happened... what a strange feeling it was to be at the top of the hill.

Got stuck in hours of traffic as the Chuo was shut down... it took a full 8.5 hours to make a 4 hour drive. Hope everyone is safe and sound. Love all you guys!

I didn't even realize what was happening at first. Thought I was just imagining things... then started feeling a bit dizzy like I was sea sick or something. People were stuck on the lifts for a while (I left before they got moving again) and loads of kids were sitting around on the mountain looking very afraid. We were on our last run of the afternoon and were on our way home pretty soon after it all happened... watching the news now that I'm home is making me feel sick.

wow, that was scary here in Fukushima. Never felt a quake last so long. Thought the whole school was gonna come down. Anyone closer to the epicenter won't have power for a while and with the phones down you probably won't hear from them for a while. We had no power for a few hours and now there's probs with the nuclear reactor and people within a 3km radius have been evacuated.

Originally Posted By: panhead_pete
Sadly just heard reports of 100s of bodies being found :(

Yep, in the debris from the houses being decimated.
Felt really guilty eating dinner today.

Is the Japanese earthquake the latest natural disaster to have been caused by a 'supermoon'?

Tabloids already spouting bullshit

>>

The powerful tsunami that today slammed into Japan's eastern coast comes just two days after warnings that the movement of the moon could trigger unpredictable events on Earth.

Astrologers predicted that on March 19 - a week tomorrow - the so-called 'supermoon' will be closer to Earth than at any time since 1992, just 221,567 miles away, and that its gravitational pull will bring chaos to Earth.

And conspiracy theorists on the Internet have delighted in making catastrophic predictions of tidal waves, volcanic eruptions and earthquakes.

Coming just three weeks after the quake which devastated Christchurch in New Zealand killing hundreds, this latest disaster will only add fuel to their fire.

Originally Posted By: HighlyTrainedExNovaTeacher
Seen those images of what looks like whole complete houses floating fast down the rivers? Mad scenes.

Yeah, watching them crash into that pole, then poof, gone. Just really hope noone was in there.

There didn't appear to be as most people were watching it from the sidelines, so to speak.

I turned around halfway. Expressway closed and heard there was trouble in that prefecture. Couldnt contact the hotel to ask either, their lines were down. Still trying to get back to akishima. Soooo many places without power.about 80km to go. Will celebrate our anniversary another time.

Originally Posted By: RobBright
Seen those images of what looks like whole complete houses floating fast down the rivers? Mad scenes.

Yeah, watching them crash into that pole, then poof, gone. Just really hope noone was in there.

There didn't appear to be as most people were watching it from the sidelines, so to speak.

Imagine watching your HOUSE being swept away in one piece down a river.

veryshocked
Originally Posted By: muikabochi
Originally Posted By: RobBright

Imagine watching your HOUSE being swept away in one piece down a river.

veryshocked

I would be thinking "thank **** I wasn't in it". biggrin