Earthquake/tsunami in Tohoku, North East Japan (11th March 2011)

Originally Posted By: big-will
I think I can put up with the toilets more than the quakes myself!

Usually, I can too....but I'm currently nursing a broken big toe and a knee sprain...=..lots of cursing coming from my stall.
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

More please!   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HrO2H4Sraw   You'd think they might put in some of the overly loud throat noises and he would do a big "ahhhhhhhhhh" at the end. Come on, where's th

Originally Posted By: Wizz
Here's something.

You know that kind of at-sea sea-sick kind of feeling you get when there's a small wobble of an earthquake? Anyone getting that sometimes when there actually ISN'T an earthquake... you know, all in the mind? Sometimes I kind of feel like that after all we have had the last month and a half. I have to look up at a light that easily sways to see if we are actually moving or not (and then check the JMA website to see if there was one or not).

Absolutely.
Strange sensation.
I want it out of my head.

yeah I get that a fair bit, Error.

That video is the first I've seen where it shows you the water receeding as well as coming in. Everytime I see a new one I can't believe how much water comes ashore and the amount of debris it sweeps away. Unbelievable. at the start you see 2 or 3 people running over an elevated walkway with the water still low, then it pans round to take in the devastation and finally comes back to the same walkway......theres nothing left of it, its under water and there is loads of debris piled high against the adjoining building.....I hope those people got up to the roof in time

I actually have experienced that quite a lot both way back when and this time. Actually when there's a biggish one over in Tohoku we get that kind of slight sea-sick wobbling. Often times though I'm just imagining it.

They get less with time, the old time heals thing.

friend

Interesting as it is, my advice for anyone still feeling stressed out and trauma over the events of last month are best avoiding things like that... until time has well and truly done its healing thing.

No I don't think it is.

Maybe the moving bit.

But a big part of the horror of an earthquake is the fact that it comes totally un-announced, and it happens in the very place where you live/work - makine you feel exceptionally unsafe.

Not some simulator.

True, as most of us have found out, nothing can compensate for that sudden jolt; however, knowing what a 7 feels like would perhaps make us ready for the shaking and how it feels.