Earthquake/tsunami in Tohoku, North East Japan (11th March 2011)

That Matsumoto minister dude in charge of Disaster Relief needs a right good smack on the head. What a tosser.

I know a guy who is the same kind of dude, bloody annoying guy he is. Such a huge ego and looks down on everyone, where in reality he's just a jiji that everyone dislikes.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

More please!   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HrO2H4Sraw   You'd think they might put in some of the overly loud throat noises and he would do a big "ahhhhhhhhhh" at the end. Come on, where's th

He's a right plonker.

Disclaimer: that does not mean that all people from Kyushu with type B blood type are all plonkers.

Originally Posted By: soubriquet
Tea farmers pick the new leaves and leave the old. It is known as 'harvesting' (sorry, a technical term). If the new 'harvest' is outside limits, then it will be discarded. This is known as 'dumping' (technical term).

Wss there any context in this progamme? How do the measurements presented compare with standard background?

The context was that in order to make sure that future harvests aren't also contaminated, it is necessary to get rid of all of the leaves, including the old ones, because that is where the cesium has collected. Hence the radical pruning measures.

As for standard background, my understanding is that there is essentially no natural Cs-137 background, it is basically all man-made, from nuclear bomb tests, reactor leaks, etc. Don't remember what numbers they may have given for tea measurements, but they were evidently over the legal limit.

Strange one that.

I didnt feel anything other than what I thought was a bit of an 'earthquake coming' noise.

But no moving so I dismissed it as the aircon or a truck or something.

Very surprised to see that apparently Muikamachi recorded shindo 3.

Had a read through this thread the other day.

A wild ride you guys have all been on since that day.

Hope things are calmer now and hoping that the Fukushima problem clears itself up sooner than later.

The memsahib and I went for a swim today. We went to my favourite place, past Ishinomaki and up to Onagawa on the northern Miyagi coast. This is a beautiful ria coast, with wonderful clean water. Some photos. These were fishing villages.

sdsc3623.jpg

sdsc3624.jpg

sdsc3625.jpg

Here is a harbour. The quay is drowned with the old tideline about 1.5 metres below sea level. You can see it with the line of oysters in the lower front of the photos.

sdsc3627.jpg