Earthquake/tsunami in Tohoku, North East Japan (11th March 2011)

Just saw a news report that said there was a higher than permitted level of radiation in some green tea fields just up the road in Odawara, Kanagawa and it has been prohibited to sell.....hmmm.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

More please!   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HrO2H4Sraw   You'd think they might put in some of the overly loud throat noises and he would do a big "ahhhhhhhhhh" at the end. Come on, where's th

lol

I simply don't trust the whole thing. We are being drip fed progressively bad stuff. Why isn't this increasing murmurs about contaminated veggies etc in places far away not getting more coverage.

Actually, yes I have been thinking about next season...

Possibly going back to Canada for the winter break and am thinking about a few days in Whistler.

Our usual trip up to Hokkaido might be thwarted as we always take the ferry from Oarai (Ibaraki) to Tomakomai. I don't know if that ferry is running as it usually runs just a few km's off the coast of Fukushima.

One of the first things I thought about after the disaster was ...how am going to get up to Hokkaido now? Weird how the mind works.

Originally Posted By: -20.7
They're saying now that No1 started going into meltdown 4 hours after the tsunami on March 11th.

The foreign scientists speculated that it had melted down days after the 11th.

Certainly makes you wary of believing what they say and strenthens the image of them just not having much of an idea. Which isn't good.

no planned blackouts for Kanto. Leccy is back to normal but who knows if that'll be the case when the big sweat kicks in and people want to reach for the air con

Last night I noticed that not only were the lights turned off on most vending machines, but lots of the machines themselves were actually turned off. Can't be a bad thing. I go our cycling at night and the intense brightness that some of these things have is just crazy, especially the ones literally out in the middle of nowhere!

No blackouts now but people seem to be trying - some lights off in shops and restaurants, vending machines etc. Wonder if it will be enough.

The govt is asking for a 15% decrease in usage.

ç¦å³¶ç¬¬ä¸€åŽŸç™ºã®äº‹æ•…ã‚’å·¡ã‚Šã€æ±äº¬éƒ½å†…ã®ç”·æ€§ï¼ˆï¼”6)ãŒã€äº‹æ•…発生時や事故後ã«æ­£ç¢ºãªæƒ…å ±ãŒå…¬é–‹ã•ã‚Œãšã€ä¸å®‰ã‚„æ怖ã«ã‚ˆã£ã¦ç²¾ç¥žçš„苦痛をå—ã‘ãŸã¨ã—ã¦ã€æ±äº¬é›»åŠ›ã«ï¼‘ï¼ä¸‡å††ã®æ…°è¬æ–™ã‚’求ã‚る訴訟をæ±äº¬ç°¡è£ã«èµ·ã“ã—ã¦ã„ãŸã“ã¨ãŒï¼‘8日ã‚ã‹ã£ãŸã€‚

æ訴ã¯ï¼“月28日付。

男性ã¯è¨´çŠ¶ã§ã€ã€Œæ±é›»ã¯äº‹æ•…ãŒèµ·ã“らãªã„よã†ã«å分ãªå¯¾ç­–を講ã˜ã‚‹ã¹ãã ã£ãŸã€ã¨ä¸»å¼µã€‚ã“ã‚Œã«å¯¾ã—ã€æ±é›»å´ã¯ç­”å¼æ›¸ã§ã€Œäººã®æƒ³åƒã‚’ã¯ã‚‹ã‹ã«è¶…ãˆã€ã¨ã¦ã¤ã‚‚ãªã„破壊力をもã£ãŸåœ°éœ‡ã¨æ´¥æ³¢ãŒäº‹æ•…ã®åŽŸå› ã€ã¨ã—ãŸä¸Šã§ã€ã€Œç•°å¸¸ã§å·¨å¤§ãªå¤©ç½åœ°å¤‰ã«å¯¾å¿œã§ãる対策を講ãšã¹ã義務ã¾ã§ã¯ãªã„ã€ã¨åè«–ã™ã‚‹æ–¹é‡ã€‚

19日ã«åŒç°¡è£ã§é–‹ã‹ã‚Œã‚‹ç¬¬ï¼‘回å£é ­å¼è«–ã§ã€äº‰ã†å§¿å‹¢ã‚’示ã™ã¨è¦‹ã‚‰ã‚Œã‚‹ã€‚

Some bloke is trying to get some cash off Tepco for causing him stress. 100,000 yen. I say go for more!

BS stress claims aside...

All of this has certainly cost me WAY WAY more than ju-man-en in lost business revenue. The fishermen and farmers with their claims kinda piss me off. This is hurting everyone. Maybe I should get in line, too.

Well, those fishermen have lost their means of doing business haven't they? Many people all over Japan are going to lose revenue because of this, but that's just business - not losing the tools with which to do it.