Earthquake/tsunami in Tohoku, North East Japan (11th March 2011)

Originally Posted By: panhead_pete
More in Tokyo now??? :( :(

no, radiation readings appear to be back to pre-earthquake levels according to the site Rob posted ages ago. UK FCO has revoked its essential travel only advice to Tokyo, and now it only applies to areas North East and in the damaged zone. They have re-evaluated the data and decided that the whole Nuclear Disaster is a level 7, but thats not because of anything thats happened in the last few days, just the data that has been out there previously......I dunno if thats good or bad!! smile

according to the Japan Times, the radiation peaked in Tokyo with a reading of 0.155 microsieverts per hour and in Kanagawa with a reading of 0.113 microsieverts per hour on March 24th and March 23rd respectively. They are now back down to near normal levels
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

More please!   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HrO2H4Sraw   You'd think they might put in some of the overly loud throat noises and he would do a big "ahhhhhhhhhh" at the end. Come on, where's th

And microsivert means what? wink

Was on the 9th floor in my new job, which is built to withstand a direct magnitude 9 earthquake.

It wobbled, which means it is safe but still...

Yeah great isn't it, Not! Looking at the pattern of earthquakes I would not be surprised if Shizouka cops a biggish one sometime this week.

Just my deduction though.

Mar 11 mag 9 hits tohoku

mar 12 mag 6? hits northern Nagano

Mar 15?? mag 6 hits shizouka

April 11 mag 7 hits tohoku

April 12 mag 5-6 hits Northern Nagano

Striking similar pattern

I have no idea of course, just what I have observed.

General expert opinion seems to be that we can expect earthquake activity to be high for literally years.

Increased activiy since March 11th has been seen in the following places:

秋田県沖▽

åŒçœŒå†…陸北部▽

åŒçœŒå†…陸å—部▽

ç¦å³¶çœŒä¼šæ´¥åœ°æ–¹â–½

æ±äº¬æ¹¾â–½

神奈å·çœŒè¥¿éƒ¨â–½

栃木・群馬県境▽

長野・富山県境▽

長野県北部▽ (already gone off)

åŒçœŒä¸­éƒ¨â–½

é™å²¡çœŒæ±éƒ¨â–½ (already gone off)

åŒçœŒä¼Šè±†åœ°æ–¹â–½

å²é˜œçœŒé£›é¨¨åœ°æ–¹â–½

石å·ãƒ»ç¦äº•çœŒå¢ƒ

Other inland faults in east Japan regions may give us fairly strong earthquakes unannounced after being woken up by Mr M9.

Sorry it's not good news. sadface

I'm feeling totally worn down and drained.

Stressed out.

Thinking things out re: being here.

Living with the above feelings just ain't the way to live.

Of course nothing compared to lots of people on the coastline of Tohoku, really feel for them with the little energy I have left.

Originally Posted By: muikabochi
General expert opinion seems to be that we can expect earthquake activity to be high for literally years.

Increased activiy since March 11th has been seen in the following places:

秋田県沖▽
åŒçœŒå†…陸北部▽
åŒçœŒå†…陸å—部▽
ç¦å³¶çœŒä¼šæ´¥åœ°æ–¹â–½
æ±äº¬æ¹¾â–½
神奈å·çœŒè¥¿éƒ¨â–½
栃木・群馬県境▽
長野・富山県境▽
長野県北部▽ (already gone off)
åŒçœŒä¸­éƒ¨â–½
é™å²¡çœŒæ±éƒ¨â–½ (already gone off)
åŒçœŒä¼Šè±†åœ°æ–¹â–½
å²é˜œçœŒé£›é¨¨åœ°æ–¹â–½
石å·ãƒ»ç¦äº•çœŒå¢ƒ

Other inland faults in east Japan regions may give us fairly strong earthquakes unannounced after being woken up by Mr M9.

Sorry it's not good news. sadface

Yes they were talking about this on the news tonight.
Basically they were saying that a strong earthquake anywhere in north/east Japan because of the effect of this main one we have had would not be a big surprise.

shifty

Sleep well everyone! wink

I spent my last 2 months in Japan around the Fukushima and Iwate area and I recognise a few of the places being talked about in all the reports.

So so sad and shocking to see it all. Feeling for the people in that area. Gambatte.

It will take at least 2-3 months for the Fukushima plant to become 安定 (safe?) and then 10 years for the whole lot to be sorted out. According to NHK news tonight.

Have you seen this other view of the Minami sanriku tsunami... it's truly terrifying, what on earth must those people have felt watching this. Still looks unreal.

sadface

Looks like some of those people were swept away. At one point you see a group running, then the camera pans away, then comes back and about half the group is missing and the tsunami is at their ankles.

Toward the end on the bottom left you can see them trying to help people to higher ground, and right before it cuts out, someone who was helping (in a red shirt) almost gets swept away, but makes it out in time. Good feeling smile

Definitely. I have some friends in Miyagi and their house did that. They watched on from up high similar to what is shown in that video from what I heard. I doubt that they will be forgetting seeing that.

æ±æ—¥æœ¬å¤§éœ‡ç½ã®æ´¥æ³¢ãŒã€å²©æ‰‹çœŒå®®å¤å¸‚ã®é‡èŒ‚ãŠã‚‚ãˆåŠå³¶ã§ï¼“8・9メートルã®é«˜ã•ã¾ã§é”ã—ã¦ã„ãŸã“ã¨ãŒ

Tsunami got up to 38.9m in places!

Just, wow.