Earthquake/tsunami in Tohoku, North East Japan (11th March 2011)

Actually that info was wrongly reported by tepco, the levels are no where near that, they apparently misread the results and have since appogized for their error!

We are not going to die just yet, maybe!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

More please!   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HrO2H4Sraw   You'd think they might put in some of the overly loud throat noises and he would do a big "ahhhhhhhhhh" at the end. Come on, where's th

Just watched a documentary on BBC2 about the earthquake.

It wasn't really sensational in approach.

The last bit talked about chances of Tokyo big one increasing because of this lot.

They basically said that stresses were certainly going to be increased to the south of the zone that has just been released. ie. around Tokyo.

Any discussion on that kind of thing going on in Japan?

Originally Posted By: BagOfCrisps
The last bit talked about chances of Tokyo big one increasing because of this lot.
They basically said that stresses were certainly going to be increased to the south of the zone that has just been released. ie. around Tokyo.

Being where we are (Izu) there is always an impending sense of when..not if, we are going to have a big one. I think right now the nuclear issue is drawing most peoples fears.
lol

Is Dr Evil actually the top guy at Tepco?

he certainly wears the same uniform!! lol

I downloaded that documentary last night, think I'll watch it today. I was worried about it being sensationalist or innaccurate as in the preceding blurb, they described Sendai as a "bustling fishing village"......Sendai had 1 million people, its not your average fishing village

Found that:

Tepco vize president Sakae Muto said that they don't know how many month, or years, it will take till they have the Fukushima reactors under control.

And gov speaker Yukio Edano said that reactor 2 had a partial meltdown.

If a technologically high advanced country as Japan struggles, I wonder what will happen if a reactor in China gets damaged by a quake...

Originally Posted By: Chriselle

Being where we are (Izu) there is always an impending sense of when..not if, we are going to have a big one. I think right now the nuclear issue is drawing most peoples fears.

Chriselle (or indeed anyone), is the Tokyo "big one" supposed to be centered on you guys to the south west or actually directly beneath the centre of Tokyo?
Or is yours a different "big one"?

Personally I'm hoping that Niigata area has spent up most of its energy for a while.
We need a break for the foreseeable future.
Originally Posted By: muikabochi
Originally Posted By: Chriselle

Chriselle (or indeed anyone), is the Tokyo "big one" supposed to be centered on you guys to the south west or actually directly beneath the centre of Tokyo?
Or is yours a different "big one"?

Personally I'm hoping that Niigata area has spent up most of its energy for a while.
We need a break for the foreseeable future.

Probably right down here off the coast of Izu but who knows. We always have lots of shakes right here in Ito but for the most part they are apparently caused by shallow magma movement.

the 3 plates come together just offshore of Izu....right? Apparently the Tokai quake is triggered by stresses involving the Phillipine plate in reference to the Eurasian plate that Japan sits on.

Well apparently Mount fuji is showing signs of maybe waking up, as there have been more earthquakes around there recently.

And if fuji wakes up so to does the Tokai earthquake, which is centred a little out to sea off the coast of shizouka!

It was in the Yamanashi Nichi nichi shinbun yesterday!

they have been predicting Mt Fuji's next awakening for yonks now. Crikey, the JMA have got so many sensors around the tokai area, that all the plates have to do is fart, and they go crazy.

On a more important note, what is the latest with the reactor besides the plutonium?