Earthquake/tsunami in Tohoku, North East Japan (11th March 2011)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

More please!   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HrO2H4Sraw   You'd think they might put in some of the overly loud throat noises and he would do a big "ahhhhhhhhhh" at the end. Come on, where's th

because radiation has been detected in drinking water, albeit in Tokyo. Also spinach and milk has been affected from the areas close to the plant. Radiation entering the food chain is not a good turn of affairs

Echineko,

I'm so sorry to hear about your second friend. That's terrible news.

Try to remember all the great things about them and the wonderful times you enjoyed with them. Those we love are always with us.

Originally Posted By: Curt
Metabo how you coping you must be getting a fair few shakes still?

Funny, I thought they were dropping off over the weekend, but they seem to have picked up again. Coping fine. Busy cleaning things up at work.

How's everyone else doing?
Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
because radiation has been detected in drinking water, albeit in Tokyo. Also spinach and milk has been affected from the areas close to the plant. Radiation entering the food chain is not a good turn of affairs

Yep, so don't buy spinach or milk from near the plant then. confused

Go to your local JA shop and buy it from there then.

The radiation detected in drinking water is actually going down in becuqerels, down from 210Bq/kg to 190Bq/Kg.
Did you know the WHO limit for iodine is actually at 3,000Bq/kg, so Japan comes in way under that limit.

Echineko, condolences on the loss of your friend. Have a toast in celebration of the life that touched yours.

Hang in there folks. I know all this crap slowly wears you down....it sure does me anyway. Damn, I just want to go skiing where my most pressing concern is where to have lunch.

Also, if any of you in Tokyo need to get out for wee break our place in Izu is ALWAYS open to you. My wife loves having guests and is a FABULOUS cook. Cheers.

Originally Posted By: RobBright
Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver

Yep, so don't buy spinach or milk from near the plant then. confused

Go to your local JA shop and buy it from there then.

The radiation detected in drinking water is actually going down in becuqerels, down from 210Bq/kg to 190Bq/Kg.
Did you know the WHO limit for iodine is actually at 3,000Bq/kg, so Japan comes in way under that limit.

Yeah Rob, I do know all of that, however its still a slippery slope that they are on. As someone pointed out that 2 days ago the water in Tokyo was fine for all to drink then yesterday its ok for adults but not babies.....regardless of the data, the fact that radiation that was previously not in the food chain is now present makes me uncomfortable....nothing hard to understand about that

Any creative solutions to the Fukushima problem?

My idea:

Cut away all the land from around the plant, so it becomes a floating island. Then use a tug-boat to push it up to those disputed islands (Kurils?). Then let Russia take care of the problem. Jobs a good un!

Originally Posted By: grungy-gonads
Fukushima nuclear plant, are we nearly sorted then? Do hurry up, chaps.

Well the news in Oz seems to have gone off the boil with their Japan reports. I can only assume that everything is sorted, and reporting on Charlie Sheen is more important.