Earthquake/tsunami in Tohoku, North East Japan (11th March 2011)

family in nagano city said they are fine and hardly felt it. seems like nozawa onsen and niigata got the worst of those 4AM / 7AM quakes.

Looking at the data from JMA, seems there was quite a bit of activity in that exact region (Sanriku Oki) the big quake hit in the 2 days before:

http://www.jma.go.jp/en/quake/quake_local_index.html

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

More please!   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HrO2H4Sraw   You'd think they might put in some of the overly loud throat noises and he would do a big "ahhhhhhhhhh" at the end. Come on, where's th

On the subject of news reporters wearing hats and to add some kind of light relief to this nightmare, why is the lady in the studio wearing a hat but all the dudes sat next to her and behind here aren't.

confused

Originally Posted By: bobby12
family in nagano city said they are fine and hardly felt it. seems like nozawa onsen and niigata got the worst of those 4AM / 7AM quakes.

Looking at the data from JMA, seems there was quite a bit of activity in that exact region (Sanriku Oki) the big quake hit in the 2 days before:
http://www.jma.go.jp/en/quake/quake_local_index.html

good stuff! glad to hear that they are safe.

Those forequakes were pretty strong, but didn't actually feel them that day.
It has calmed down a bit in Yokohama, but nerves are shot to pieces right now. Wife is still jumpy but the son is fast asleep. biggrin

Can't wait to tell him what happened when he grows up.

I am just so sad watching the images coming in :-(

Can not imagine the stress and concern you guys are enduring at the moment.

My thoughts, prayers and love are with you all.

Stay SAFE.

XX

I just found out I'm on stand-by for a humanitarian mission for about a month. Looking forward to it!

on another note: this is weird! Yesterday, before we left for the trip, I moved something to a more stable area in my house. I was thinking "I wouldn't want this to fall & break if there were an earthquake, lol". That was about 2 hours before it hit!

Originally Posted By: RobBright
but nerves are shot to pieces right now. Wife is still jumpy but the son is fast asleep. biggrin

You'll probably be jumpy forever more now that you have experienced a big baddy. The smallest one gets my heart going now.
Originally Posted By: joshnii
That wasn't meant to be scary btw!
Just realised it might have come across that way!
Good on your little kid sleeping throuhg! clap

Na it's all good. It seems strange as some of my friends in Fujisawa said it wasn't so bad for them, but looking where we were it was on the border of a shindo 6.

is it too early to start drinking?

The morning after the night reports on TV are looking bleak.

Good morning. I hope everyone is safe and got some sleep.

It's been frightening for everyone, but what devastation along the northern coast there. Those poor, poor people.

I don't suppose most folks will enjoy this weekend, but it will at least give you a chance to contact everyone and catch your breath. Were it a weekday, most employers would expect you back in very next day.

We felt the main shock yesterday and then more local one at 4am, but only a light swaying of the house. To be honest, it was so light that your friends may not have considered it worthy of phoning everyone just to confirm. Still I hope they do so.

it happened at 2:45PM and everyone carried on working as usual in my office. it wasnt until about 8PM that i had the kids in bed and turned on the tv/net that i found out what happened. colleagues and people on the train carried on 100% like nothing had happened!

OK here.

Had a few wobbles but nothing major for a couple of hours I'd say.

Not sure what news you are watching Rob, perhaps repeats wink

Please please let us know have another strong one, not sure how I would cope with prolonged quake-stress again.

Good to hear from you Metabo.

Originally Posted By: sshaffer63
My brother is at an event at the Hakuba Resort in Nagano. Do you have any news or information about this situation?

is he at Powder Love?