Earthquake/tsunami in Tohoku, North East Japan (11th March 2011)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

More please!   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HrO2H4Sraw   You'd think they might put in some of the overly loud throat noises and he would do a big "ahhhhhhhhhh" at the end. Come on, where's th

Just got back to Tokyo from Ishiuchi.

Really felt the shaking strongly at around 2:45 PM. was just coming out of a cafe at the time. Lifts stopped.

Bus back to Shinjuku took just over 10 hours, then walk home from there. Exhausted, but thankfully safe. Books and cds all over the floor. Something to clean tomorrow.

Originally Posted By: sshaffer63
My brother is at an event at the Hakuba Resort in Nagano. Do you have any news or information about this situation?

I'm sure he'll be ok.
Hakuba hasn't had any major shakes as far as I can tell - it's more to the east.... may not be having 'fun', but will surely be ok.

friend

Do you know where I could go to find more information? Does the Hakuba area have phone and internet? We got a call from my brother after the first earthquake last night, but we have not heard from since the second one in Nagano. What news sources would be likely to have updated information?

Hakuba is a big place!

Everyone is struggling for information now as so many areas affected etc.

I'm sure you'll get a call from him, there's no reason why if he called yesterday he can't today.

• SnowJapan Admin

sshaffer63, as muikabochi, it doesn't seem that Hakuba has suffered any major shakes. I'm not there so I can't confirm that but looking at all the earthquake data that is out there, it sure looks that way.

Some people from Hakuba may well come on here and post.

I know how frustrating it can be, and hope that all will be well.

9.43pm GMT: The level of radiation at the damaged Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant is "1,000 times higher than normal," according to a report by a Japanese safety panel visiting the site.

shifty

confused

That was Chiba that last one, didn't feel it here.

I'm really really not liking these flashing warnings on the tv. Makes it worse from where I'm sitting.

What a weekend this will be.

sadface

The wife commented "we all knew this was going to happen, but the psychology aspect of it can never be prepared for."

Gobsmacked, as she is right on the money.

Who needs coffee when you have the threat of earthquakes hanging over you?