I wasn't planning on getting out today but the sun came out mid-morning so I suddenly decided to drop tools and head out to local Centleisure Maiko.

20-30cm of fresh snow overnight made for some very nice snow conditions. Much better than when I was there about a month ago. Nice. At one point I was up past my knees. It might even have been bottomless, though that word confuses me somewhat. So not sure. wink

As there was basically no preparation, my camera had no energy batteries were not alive so I picked up my lady's point and shoot camera. That didn't have much battery either and soon conked out, so here's just the snapshots I managed to take before that happened.

Got to pick up those tools again now. doh

muikabochi_3193.jpg

muikabochi_3192.jpg

muikabochi_3191.jpg

muikabochi_3190.jpg

muikabochi_3189.jpg

muikabochi_3188.jpg

muikabochi_3187.jpg

muikabochi_3186.jpg

muikabochi_3185.jpg

muikabochi_3184.jpg

muikabochi_3183.jpg

muikabochi_3182.jpg

muikabochi_3181.jpg

muikabochi_3180.jpg

Maiko > Ishiuchi.... easy, in my opinion.

There's much more untouched by the sides of all the courses at Maiko than most resorts and certainly more than at Ishiuchi. And it's very pretty.

Sometimes Ishiuchi Maruyama feels like a busy Shinjuku Station or something. Machines (lifts) and people everywhere, all busy-busy. No real space or trees. Maiko feels much more natural.

friend

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the delay there big-will, something happened about 30 minutes after you posted that on the afternoon of 11th March!

Actually not many ropes at all from what I can remember. It's pretty much open for you to go and have fun. Just most people don't.