To this day most Americans don't know why we were attacked. It's pretty sad that such an issue can go so long without being confronted. Today foreign policy is still directed at meddling in others' affairs and instituting our perception of democracy.

People still continue to suffer from 9/11. Afghanistan sees people killed daily and has been constantly pulled in a tug of war between two countries as the war on terrorism is perpetually fueled by bigoted Americans and brainwashed Muslims.

It's a little ironic that now 10 years on, Islamic countries in north Africa and the middle east are now very close to achieving democracy and it's all been done without a scrap of help from the U.S.

Originally Posted By: MitchPee
To this day most Americans don't know why we were attacked. It's pretty sad that such an issue can go so long without being confronted. Today foreign policy is still directed at meddling in others' affairs and instituting our perception of democracy.

People still continue to suffer from 9/11. Afghanistan sees people killed daily and has been constantly pulled in a tug of war between two countries as the war on terrorism is perpetually fueled by bigoted Americans and brainwashed Muslims.

Mitch...stop it....you are making far too much sense. cheers
Originally Posted By: Mantas
It's a little ironic that now 10 years on, Islamic countries in north Africa and the middle east are now very close to achieving democracy and it's all been done without a scrap of help from the U.S.

I thought democracy was the process of electing a governement rather than coup d'etats? confused

Democracy is about the people being able to choose their representatives freely and the people of Middle east are revolting right now against regimes where this isn't possible. If the result is that they can choose who they want to lead them from within then surely thats democracy at its purest form

That's right TB. First you have to remove the regime that has been oppressing any kind of move towards democracy.

Sadly I have little faith that we will ever see a true democracy in places like Iraq. there has been no democracy there for the last 8 thousand years, I doubt a little U.S. lead razz-a-ma-tazz in the last 15 years will change anything.

Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
Democracy is about the people being able to choose their representatives freely and the people of Middle east are revolting right now against regimes where this isn't possible. If the result is that they can choose who they want to lead them from within then surely thats democracy at its purest form

Democracy at its purest form is communism smile
Originally Posted By: Mantas
Fishing for a debate ay Mitch
A true democracy might not be perfect but I'm sure as hell glad I live in one. smile

No time for debate haha, just saying that a pure democracy is what Marx had in mind for an economic system.

I agree Mantas, seems Australia is a pretty good place to live.
Originally Posted By: MitchPee

Democracy at its purest form is communism smile

it depends on what you mean by communism. The currently held and US-purported form of Communism is not the same as the ideals that were first suggested by Marx and Engels.

That's a big if you have got going on there then.