Hi all,

I'm a new member here, am very impressed with all the info on the site. I'm hoping for some guidance on where to stay in Niseko for 4 nights, April 2nd-5th. I know its late season and things start slowing way down...so we would want to be close to Hirafu.

I'm looking for a private room w/bath..doesn't have to be luxury, but more than a hostel. I'm traveling with my GF and would like her to be comfortable..if it was just me it would be hostel all the way. Does anyone have any recommendations?

About the trip...if you're interested. I'm writing a children's snowbooard travel book. Its a sequel to my 1st book, which is a surf travel book about Costa Rica. So the trip is part research trip, part shred vacation for me and the GF. I wish it was for longer, I wish it was in late january...but the timing is what it is and am still SUPER stoked.

Thanks for reading,

-hanna

• SnowJapan Admin

Hi hhaidar and welcome.

Thanks for the comments.

I won't give any particular recommendations but just in case you have not seen this yet, here is a list of places that are welcoming visitors such as yourselves

http://www.snowjapan.com/e/hotel/hokkaido-niseko-accommodation.php

http://www.snowjapan.com/e/hotel/accommodation-search.php

I'm sure the places that fit your needs would be happy to hear from you.

Have fun and good luck!

I'd look at some of the pensions in Hirafu. They are mostly Japanese run and offer reasonably priced accomm with breakfast included. They are definitely a step up from a hostel and generally have a great atmosphere with lovely hosts. Most will have some rooms with a private bathroom but expect it to be very small. Many though will have a communal bathroom as well with a large bath that will be more comfortable. There's unlikely to be all that many people about so late in the season so you'll likely almost have a place to yourself anyway. Also the hosts will be able to run you up to the lifts as I don't believe the free shuttle bus around the village will be running by then.