Originally Posted By: panhead_pete

4. If you go to other less populated resorts do not expect people to speak English. How's your Japanese?

Even at Hakuba, dont expect people to speak English that well. Spend some time learning the basics of Japanese. Then you too can be ashamed of the other Aussies who dont bother and just expect the locals to understand English, to the point of being plain rude.
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: ippy
11. Amazingly, hot 20 year old gyaru do not think fat pasty 30 year old gaijin with no style, taste, or money are the sexiest men on planet earth.

They don't really you know.
There's something else going on there.

17. You might expect that you look like your drab self but in fact you look like david beckham! (or pierra littbarski as i was once randomly informed - i honestly appreciated how outside the box that one was).

15. Be prepared to fall in love every day, sometimes several times in the one day.

Only several times? You don't get out much! I think I fall in love at least 10 times just on the way to work in the morning wink

I'm sat in a cafe (with free WiFi - perhaps I should edit no. 16) and have fallen in love twice in an hour - once with a snowboard I've just seen on eBay and the second time with an almond cake thingy! lol

cafe update:- & now for a 3rd time but this time she's real flesh and blood - I wonder if she thinks I'm David Beckham??

Becks used to be 'almost handsome'?!

Is that by your high standards JA?

lol

I used to love Becks, but don't like the current version I'm afraid.

Originally Posted By: pickled mushhead
That helps if
- you have tons of cash
- you have tons of time

JR Rail Pass - buy it at home, use it to get to the mountains and as a contingency for crap snow. Stay in a hostel, make your own food.

2-3 days out of your trip.

If people are coming to Japan to experience it, a side trip would be critical to that especially if all you are seeing is Niseko or Hakuba. I really rate Kyoto. Over Tokyo now, but both would be better.

Stinky IS real and I'm in control, its not an issue - really wink
PP is in the shower, this is Stinky - we all know who has control!
We know stinky and you type so well for a cheese with no finger's naughty
There have been a LOT of threads of late with people being disappointed with what they have found on their 1st trip here vs expectations.

You talking about me?
Oops sorry.
I think I have learnt what people are sensitive about though, so will be careful what I say when I post my report.
Pity, people being able to say exactly what they think would be better than being worried about (very lightly!) shaking a few applecarts!