• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

Hey I'm new here wave.gif

New to Japan as well actually, just arrived about a week ago.

I really like snowboarding and looking forward to checking it out. Just wondering whether to just wait until next season starts or to go out now at the tail end of the season and maybe not get the best impression of it.

What you reckon?

Cheers

I agree with Yama - go check out the resorts and the lay of the land. That way when next season rolls in you'll have a fair idea where to hit the pow and which resorts, or part thereof, are best with changing weather patterns.

Knowing them now will maximise the $$ value and enjoyment later. Besides, Spring riding can be fun!

Just do it - it's all good! \:\)

I'd check them out in summer go on some drives and take a look at the areas, then enjoy the build up to next season. Easy to say that when you've been here though maybe not as easy for you!

Quote:
Originally posted by SubZero:
I agree with Yama - go check out the resorts and the lay of the land. That way when next season rolls in you'll have a fair idea where to hit the pow and which resorts, or part thereof, are best with changing weather patterns.
ditto.

Time spent in reconnaissance is seldom wasted!

(many years ago I used to be in reconnaissance and this is what my comrades and I would tell each other quite often).

I ashamed to even post on this.

Don't listen to any of these foolish people. Other than Yama and Subzero it seems most of these people have gone crazy.

Get out there and have some fun spring runs.

You can't have a summer goggle tan if you stop skiing/riding at the end of March

....while some people might think it's the people who go out and pay good money to ski on heavy slush that are the crazy ones.

Now if you don't pay for it and have tickets, it's a different matter \:\)

Every year, come Easter break, I pay good money to ski on some heavy slush in Japan. Unfortunately, this year I got heaps of powder every day at Tomamu. Can you imagine my disappointment! ;\) \:D

I went to Iwappara yesterday in Niigata. I was absolutely AWFUL. I sure would not have wanted to pay for that. Luckily it cost me nothing apart from gas to get there shared with a few friends (had a few free tickets).

No thanks.

I had a really great spring day on Saturday. So warm I was skinning in shorts. Did 3 laps. The first 2 were really fun on nice spring snow. The 3rd run got a bit mushy but it was the early afternoon by then and the sun had had it's way with the snow.

I can't wait for this weekend. I gotta give thumbs up to spring skiing

clap.gif

Just went outside and had a look

As far as I can see to the North which is Kurobegoro the ridges are starting to show themselves. Still looking pretty good though. Tateyama is just a bit more north of that.