• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

another change of plans. I need to be more decisive.

if it snows i am staying in f-burg.

else

I am off via the otaru ferry to kyoto..

lets see what tomorrow will bring.

Originally Posted By: pie-eater
I think you should stay a bit longer kokodoko.
You know, get to know the place a bit better.
wink

daichoba. i found a heap of new runs today.
Originally Posted By: Mick Rich
Really? Tell us more KD.....

they were actually your trees you told me about. near the old lift line. its fun through there. between 11 and 12 going back to link run.

Konbanwa KD! wave

Yeah, there was about 10cm or so up there this morning! clap

Have to admit that I'm really enjoying Niseko due to the great terrain, the unusual lack of crowds and continuing good snow! In fact, having already extended my stay once, I'm thinking of staying even longer as the resorts I'd planned to visit down south are closing early as a result of the earthquake and subsequent events.

How was Furano today?

Nice! Yeah, you should try to get over here and obviously earlier or later means you'll have less chance of bumping into your fellow countrymen wink

Nah, I live and work in Kanto (when I'm not slashing powder in Hokkaido), so have to go back there sometime - by 2nd April to be precise. & I'm determined to check out some Honshu resorts (and make use of my SJ free tickets) on the way but am now in a quandry as to which ones! Sadly, I think I'm going to knock Gunma on the head as it seems to be most affected by recent developments. That leaves Myoko but...............if the snow keeps snowing here in Niseko (it was epic up there this morning) then maybe I should stay here!!! wakaranai

Here too KD but I'm too knackered to ride today!! lol

Ok, after an extended stay in Niseko, I'm leaving town tomorrow and am continuing my much-shortened road trip back down to Kanto. I'm travelling on local trains using the seishun juhachi kippu, so it's going to take me a while BUT I'm aiming for a couple of days of boarding on Weds 30th and Thurs 31st. I was going to (and still might) check out some of the Gunma resorts but they've been badly affected by the electricity shortages. I'd also planned to visit Myoko but I think most of the resorts will be closed by then, with the exception of Seki Onsen.

Does anyone have any resort suggestions??? I'm planning to travel down the west coast to Niigata-ken and am looking for somewhere fun with easy-ish public transport links and cheap-ish, nearby accommodation for a tired guy carrying his snowboard bag!! smile

Cheers!! wave