These smartphones sure use up their juice quickly hey.

Even if I hardly use mine, I can't seem to get more than a day out of it. Getting into the babit of plugging it in to recharge at the end of the day and then taking it off the juice when I get up. That's not too long is it, I don't want to do anything that will give me less of a battery life.

You'll extend battery life by NOT charging them until they are near flat, but that sucks.

Turning off a heap of functions like GPS, bluetooth etc saves battery life as does turning down your screen brightness etc. Google it, heaps of ideas but they still suck. I love my HTC Legend but my old nokia that will last a week is hard to beat.

Has anyone used those re-charging pads where you dont plug your phone in, just lay it on it?

I have a charger on my desk at work and have it settled in that for most of the day. Only got a cable to connect to my computer at home but hardly ever use that.

Rob, what is the solar charger you got? Is that compatable with lots of phones? Interested to know more.

Originally Posted By: rach
I have a charger on my desk at work and have it settled in that for most of the day. Only got a cable to connect to my computer at home but hardly ever use that.

Rob, what is the solar charger you got? Is that compatable with lots of phones? Interested to know more.

It's something like this:

51jKvazeCkL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Just plug it into my phone, and charges (slowly) the battery. Very useful as you can hang the solar unit on a coat pocket, whilst the phone stays in your pocket.