We went to Kamui Links of Friday. Had a great day. Even though it was a public Holiday we quite often would have runs all to ourselves. Mixed day of sun with snow showers, no wind and mild temperatures.

Off Piste looked inviting with glistening powder BUT on venturing in it was hard and crusty YUCK. I stuck to the main runs and enjoyed myself, Mr Snowhunter ventured in and out of the trees.

Had lunch in the top Cafe (Cafe127??) Oishii Green Curry. Thoroughly enjoyed our day at Kamui Links. Photo's to come. thumbsup

Shhh don't tell too many people about Kamui!

I think I was up there the day before the OP visited, and I was up there on Friday when snowhuntress was there.

It's a sweet little place and usually very quiet. There have been some amazing snow days there, and some, like Friday where a bit underwhelming.

The terrain there at first looks ok ish, but once you start to scratch the surface, there is so much in the trees and over the backside. Its not the steepest of course, its Hokkaido, but lots of fun to be had!

If anyone else is heading there this winter, give me a shout, its my local hill so I'm there alot.

• 4 weeks later...

Sweet photos MagSeven! I managed to get back over there on Friday and it was brilliant - lots of fresh powder + hardly anyone there = a bloody good day!! Definitely one of my favourite Hokkaido hills. Here's a photo from the under-the-gondola run...

Mick%20Rich_46.JPG