If you're "buy a place in Hakuba"-level keen Pete, try a few pow boards first. Plenty of good ones out there.

160 Khyber for me. I'm a skinny streak of ..., so think regular guy on a 170+. No back leg burn at all.

The snow won in the end hey Pete?

Have a good one mate.

Ther are lots of shops in Niseko but I wasn't looking at boards when I was there.

Ask Mamabear as she's bought boards over there.

Seemore

if you see my bataleon at rhythm, be a dear and mail it to me in korea smile also go demo gentem. I fondled one of their bases and couldnt believe how icy cool it felt. Thats some serious slidy pow mischief.

Yeah Seemore made the decision last night at about 1130pm. Was heading to Morocco to go surfing but what is happening in Egypt is a bit of a worry. Then thought about Cuba but wasnt sure I could sort a visa from here in time (hope to go there in April now) so back to Japan. Stoked actually as never been to Niseko, looking fwd to meeting a few more SJers (without a killer hang over smile ) and hope to hit a couple more spots from Nagano besides just Hakuba. Loving my new Lib Tech on most days but a pow board is calling me smile

Cool Pete

I loved my Fish in Powder but it didn't like the Piste very much except later on when I changed to a wider stance (more front foot).

I would Love to try the Snow Mullet (Lib Tech).

And of course heaps of others.

Seemore

Fishing in the Park

Wow doesn't it show you how everything is over analysed and most boarders wouldn't really notice subtle differences.

My fish is older so it still uses standard bindings the new fish uses the new Burton Bindings.

Seemore

Originally Posted By: seemore

I would Love to try the Snow Mullet (Lib Tech).

Friend just Christened his in Niseko a couple of weeks ago. He couldn't say a bad thing. Just good fun. Looking forward to popping my Skunk Ape's cherry in 10 days!

I can go for NS summer if looking for options.

Really, it´s what you want to do with it and if you can do it, like Stephan Maurer.

No way you can go thru flat sections on a small board. Whether you get back leg burns or not, you are not going to be able to ride it putting pressure on your front foot like you normally do. Those Rad Air and WinterSticks looks pretty good although you don´t know how often you ride it in a season. Not many people ride long boards but I really think there is a place for it.

Kyber will be great in thigh deep pow but it will pick up the bumps because it has a very wide nose. I don´t have a problem with that as long as I am riding pow. Big nose with rocker (early rise) and setback = float.

My Radon is fine in pow if I shorten my stance and ride it. No nose dig. It is more set back that way but I can´t put pressure on my nose when on bumpy piste. So, I ride it max stance and I have no problems on piste, but now I have to fine tune my lean, and my nose can dig so I cannot go aggressively on pow.

When the terrain changes on pow, I have to be careful with my nose catching.

So I really don´t know and question myself. Is it that people like to have under 160 size boards for pow, because it´s easy to swing?

I can see that if you have a short tail, it will be easier when I fall and want to lift my board.

I wish there was a board I don´t have to lean too much and the nose doesn´t catch. Getting sick of cartwheels.

Would happily buy a NS but cant get them to respond to email or are there dealers in Japan, that's how I ended up with the Lib Tech I have instead of a Prem V-Max which is what I wanted. The Lib Tech Mullet looks good but trying to find one is a whole 'nother story...

Originally Posted By: seemore
Fishing in the Park

Wow doesn't it show you how everything is over analysed and most boarders wouldn't really notice subtle differences.

My fish is older so it still uses standard bindings the new fish uses the new Burton Bindings.

Seemore

do you mean its now the Channel system? You can buy an inesrt that fits regular bindings that makes it compatible with Burton's channel system
Originally Posted By: panhead_pete
Burton bindings also come with both setups, well at least my '10 did.

I think they've changed now. From the Burton website.

Quote:
WILL MY EST BINDINGS WORK ON YOUR 3D HOLE PATTERN?

No they won't. EST bindings will only work on Channel boards. However, our traditional bindings can be mounted on our Channel boards with the use of our Retro Disc.