Some snaps from Hakkai-san - day with muika, few friends (and kireteiru cheese)

OK so it's 4:15 now and I want a bit of a rest before we go out for some beers and imo-steaks. yummy

So here's the report. I was at muikabochi's in Muikamachi just before 9am and we were at Hakkai-san and strapped up by 9:30.

It was quite bright and the sun was out early on and stayed like that for the first hour or so, though it was never blue blue skies. By lunchtime it was snowing a bit up top.

Snow was excellent. Not a bit of ice around and tons and tons and tons of powder and face shots. Awesome. Not too busy either for a weekend, only waited for 1 Ropeway ride before we could get on.

On the way, approaching the mountain...

sanjo_120.JPG

sanjo_121.JPG

sanjo_134.JPG

The resort looking up from the window of the Ropeway before it starts its journey...

sanjo_124.JPG

sanjo_150.JPG

sanjo_144.JPG

sanjo_143.JPG

sanjo_142.JPG

This dude was riding this thing that confused me. One board but riding it like skis. I'm sure it has a name...

sanjo_141.JPG

sanjo_140.JPG

Can you tell this lovely lady had fallen over once or twice? wink

sanjo_139.JPG

sanjo_138.JPG

sanjo_136.JPG

At Hakkaisan, go to the left from the top of the ropeway and you'll come to a zig-zag course that goes down a fair bit of the mountain. That's boring of course, but if you go straight down you are rewarded with some fairly steep and very deep snow (today) as well as some strategically placed trees to avoid. A LOT of fun, tons of untouched today spent a few hours there. Highly recommended. Here's a few pics from that area, don't know it comes across as good as it is but here goes.

sanjo_133.JPG

sanjo_132.JPG

sanjo_152.JPG

sanjo_151.JPG

sanjo_148.JPG

sanjo_147.JPG

sanjo_131.JPG

sanjo_130.JPG

sanjo_129.JPG

sanjo_127.JPG

sanjo_126.JPG

sanjo_125.JPG

sanjo_123.JPG

We took Kireteiru cheese as well, and he was well gnarly, nothing scares this dude. He knows no fear

sanjo_114.JPG

Lunch was good. Kireteiru cheese just had to get in the shot, sorry about that.

sanjo_117.JPG

More of Kireteiru cheese here:

http://www.snowjapanforums.com/ubbthread...html#Post398305

More very pretty photos that muikabochi took today as well here (I convinced him to have his own separate thread):

http://www.snowjapanforums.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/398306/Muikamachi_Hakkaisan_Minamiuon.html

I took a vid from the ropeway but that is going to have to wait.

Bit of a rest now then a big mad drunken night out in Muikamachi is on the cards!

See ya wave

Hi, and thanks.

Bit fragile this morning.

Added a video taken from the ropeway.

Nothing to get excited about but it shows you most of the resort.

New to vid, tried to keep it fairly small but need to understand how to make it optimal. Does it load ok? Here it is: