Started with the promise of 50cm+ in snow for today and tomorrow but its raining outside right now...heading off to Ajigasawa Ski Resort for what will probably be the last overnighter of the season and it looks like

Rain and Wind instead of snow snow snow \:\(

A few days ago we had like 30cm new! Then this! But as I&S says, seems that Hakuba is coming off much better than more northern places today.

Just got back from 2 days at Mizuho, Shimane. Yesterday was a return to mid-Jan. with cold winds and powdery stuff all day topping off the 30+ fallen the last few days. Kind of a "bare all in the elements, great to be alive" day. Few folks, great untracked drifts on course all day - last off the mountain. Today - rain followed by heavy rain followed by sleet followed by wet snow and I (we) gave up at 3:00. I can accept that we have rainy days esp. in March, BUT to **** on such beautiful snow - OH THE PAIN. And did I mention the fog. Pea Souper. But one bright note was watching the 4yr. old strut her stuff down the slope, with bewildered looker ons with the you know "Shit is that a little kid coming down" kind of face. \:D \:D

Went boarding at Togakushi yesterday. When I was at Kurohime Bus Station(lower elevation)it rained like crazy and got me really worried but once the bus started heading uphill rain turned into snow...but rather wet. There was plenty of snow(it snowed all day)but it was all quite heavy and I got stuck god knows how many times. Well, I guess we can`t have them all. Snow is better than no snow. :p On a fine day that place would rock with enough courses to satisfy just about everyone...what do y`all Nagano ppl think?

I like Ryuo too(esp after Da Rematch)but with the exception of those 2 downhill runs right off the ropeway station Togakushi has more longer runs. Size wise I think the two are pretty close. The courses at Togakushi are mostly int and up and easy to connect with the exception of maybe 1 run. But if it`s off piste or tree runs you`re after Ocean then I`m not so sure it`d be the place for you(although perhaps they do exist and I just don`t know about them). The board park they`ve got is produced by a Japanese pro named Junji Kobayashi and I have to say it is thoroughly satisfying. They`ve got a really nice(albeit not too big), recently built ski center(Guest House Iwato)with a free sleeping room(from 4am). Oh, did I mention Togakushi`s famous soba(a bit pricey though)? I might go there again in about 2 weeks. Give it a try. \:\)