Feedback please! About videos on the site....

• SnowJapan Admin

Thanks for all the feedback.

For the moment, I have set it to "3" so any new videos going up will be using that setting.

Unfortunately we won't be able to offer a choice and will have to fix it at one setting.

Anyway please do keep the feedback coming, the more the better.

smile

I tried on 2 connections, my really fast home one they all loaded ok one just stopped once.

Other connection 3,4,5,6 were ok but the last few are compromising on quality too much. I think 3 seems a good choice on that vid you gave us to check.

I watched them backwards

6 - the only one that ran all the way thru without stopping

5 - stalled half way thru, buffered then continued

4 - stalled twice, buffered and continued first time, buffered 2nd time but didn't continue (with 41 secs to go), so I guess you could say it got stuck there.

3 - stalled half way thru, buffered and then continued

2 - stalled twice, buffered and continued each time.

1 - went and made a cuppa while waiting for it to load. stalled 3 times, the last time got stuck ie - it didn't continue playing after rebuffering.

The higher up in the list (ie 1 is the highest), the longer it took to load before playback or rebuffered playback began.

I can understand the issue between quality and movement.

I don't mind waiting for a clip to load, though esp 1 (& 2) took way too long. If you're using type 3 and I want to watch a vid, my best bet is to pause it while it's loading and wait till loaded so I can watch it all the way thru, since it's not likely to take anywhere near as long as 1 or 2 to load.

I guess I have a 'slower' ADSL connection but for everything else in my life it seems to be totally fine.

I'm sorry seems I didn't give my feedback

1 too heavy.

2 struggling but it got there.

3 onwards all ok. 3 doesn't seem to sacrifice quality much at all, so I'd go with that.

• SnowJapan Admin

No if we change the setting only new uploads will be at that setting unfortunately. I suppose if and when we ever get a bit of time we could go and download/re-upload. Though I can't see that space in time anywhere in the near future!

All new clips of course from now on will be on the new settings.

friend

• SnowJapan Admin

I have deleted the test videos in this thread from the snowjapan.tv site and fixed up the settings so hopefully all new videos will be streaming pretty fast.

Thank you for all the feedback.

If you have any more please do either post here or email us any time. Always happy to hear feedback.

Thanks!