Originally Posted By: panhead_pete
Not normally into soccer unless its the World Cup but now the Asian cup has got a tad interesting. Oddly though not sure who I will be going for. Hope its at least telecast on TV here.

If Australia win, cue cries of "Australia isn't part of Asia..." blah blah blah. wink

Me? Japan because they are part of Asia. wink
Originally Posted By: RobBright
If Australia win, cue cries of "Australia isn't part of Asia..." blah blah blah. wink

But in terms of football if not in Asia then they would need their own group with just NZ, and with some good will maybe the South Pole in it.

AU and NZ in the Asia group is certainly good for otherwise below average football.

I think the original line up was

Quatar

Dokodesukaklapistan

Wakaranaistan

Dunnoplikistan

Australia

Korea

North Korea Military Juniors

Japan

The Taliban Christian Wives

Frikkindokostan

South Pole

The Vatican

North East Afghanistan Mens Choir

Hong Kong Expatriates

or something like that

its the 4th time they've one (thats what the news said)

Game was probably the worst final I have ever watched. Both teams very poor, Japan trying to pass the ball into the net.....just shoot FFS!! Australia had a great chance at the end, last seconds, free kick on the edge of the area to take it into penalties AND....scuffed into the wall....yawn! Was Cahill off by this time? If not why didn't he take the free kick? Best player on the park was Kawashima, the goalkeeper. He can pull some scary faces

Kawashima-420x0.jpg

match10afp_1669141c.jpg